Barnwell Country Park

Hi All,

I was a little peeved to find out that my planned venue for next year is going to ban night fishing next season so I'm looking for a new target water....

I understand Barnwell Country Park is steeped in carp fishing history with the Barnwell Mirror topping 46lb before it's unfortunate demise in 2005-6(?).

Does anyone have any up to date information on this fishery and the fish stocks that are still there? The season ticket is 90 quid and I understand it is limited to 30 members that can fish nights.

Phil

Why not try ringing the park rangers office, details are on the link below.

http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/Leisure/countryside/Pages/FishingBCP.aspx

I had a brilliant day float fishing for Tench years back, was a lovely lake from what little I remember.

What sticks in my memory is falling and putting my hand in the biggest pile of dog poo whilst looking round the carp lake! Not happy days!!! :cry:

are they :roll: iv got a ticket on there,but not been since june.i hadnt heard that.

i dont know much about the north numbers , but the mill as a few. i 100% know of 7 then the is a fully thats in forgotten chapters that i never saw and may be another small common that make 9 and that about what iv heard from others there and on net. biggest my mate had at under 33. nice little lake.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I haven't been over there since my season on there during my last posts. I do know that the year after a few lads did a deal with one of the rangers to be allowed to fish the nature reserve and moved the ones they caught in to Mill and the North, If my memory serves me right 3 went into Mill and 2  Into North.

There is also a rumour that the bailiff over at the Rotary peed a lot of members off and one of them caught the big'un and moved it into North.....which would match up with a mate that fished North and spotted something large on a few occasions.

But I'd go on Mill still, lovely little lake.Well worth taking your rods.

• 3 years later...
On 05/07/2020 at 06:39, Peter Beale said:

I have just recently purchased a season ticket for Barnwell Country Park and night fishing is still allowed.

Good luck mate. Let us know how you get on on here or pm. I spent a few years chasing the carp in there recently. Not an easy one to crack by any means!