has anyone been to the following fisheries?

laws

I have been given a list of places to try fishing when we went to fosters of birmingham today i wondered if any of you guys had fished them and can shed some light on them :

Earlswood lakes (which lake for good big carp / runs )

Drayton reservior

Riddings speccy lake

Pool Hall in trescot

Kingsbury water park

I have had a look at the riddings place online but cant find anywhere that sheds light on their rules . Earlswood im unsure of which lake is ok and the others i havent heard of .

Any help much appreciated :) thanks

Law

Hiya

Ive fished at some of them

Riddings speci lake is a tad expensive for what it is however the whole complex is a well run and pleasant venue to fish at, the main lake has regular matches if thats your thing, however im guessing you dont as you asked about the speci lake. It is very coloured and I would suggest using a high flavour bait so the fish have something to home in on.

Kingsbury water park has several lakes and they are all different, driving onto the complex is the hardest part as I found the paths a bit of a maze.

Drayton Reservoir is a very popular place but you need to go midweek or get there very very early at the weekends in order to get parked. All methods will work here.

whereabouts are you based? as im guessing that Drayton resi is a bit of a drive and if you are going to bother driving to there then there are similar venues around, Clattercoate, Boddington, Naseby and Stockton for example.

were from halesowen and normally drive about half hour to lavender hall as its our fave place , but we want to try a few new places out

we like the look of riddings and also Pool Hall . have checked some reviews out for pool hall and a few years ago they were abit hit and miss after they split the lake however that was 2 years ago . We like the idea of the runs water there and the fact it has a speccy lake .

Was riddings nice ? we also wanna be able to try our new bait boat out and some places dont allow it . any other suggestions ?

thanks

Laws

were from halesowen and normally drive about half hour to lavender hall as its our fave place , but we want to try a few new places out

we like the look of riddings and also Pool Hall . have checked some reviews out for pool hall and a few years ago they were abit hit and miss after they split the lake however that was 2 years ago . We like the idea of the runs water there and the fact it has a speccy lake .

Was riddings nice ? we also wanna be able to try our new bait boat out and some places dont allow it . any other suggestions ?

thanks

Laws

Laws, the specimen lake at The Riddings is very small. At it's narrowest point you could almost jump across it with a good enough run-up. No bait boat needed, trust me. It's also rather expensive for what it is.

Earlswood Lake/Reservoir may be a better bet. Go on Engine Pool. Dunno if bait boats are allowed but it's certainly large enough to justify the use of one. It's owned and run by British Waterways, maybe their website will offer more information.

Pine Pool at Kingsbury Water Park is their carp specimen pool and is a pleasant place to be. Very clear water so I set up well back from the waters edge and don't have my rod tips hanging over the water. Dunno about bait boats being allowed, sorry.

I haven't fished either of the other venues so can't comment, sorry.

Ian

Depends what your after.

I've just started putting some effort into pine pool, kings bury water park. No joy for me yet, can be a tricky lake, but the carp in there are really stunning!

Drayton is good for a few runs, but not all in the best of conditions.

It seems fosters didn't mention Barston lakes to you.

I really like that place, again, pretty easy for a few runs but some pretty fish to be had, not the biggest carp you'll ever catch though.

Check out www.youtube.com/CarefulCarping for a few videos at Barston

Ross :)

Thanks for all the replys , too be honest we just fancy a change of scenery . We haven't fished many open water places , mainly islands and smaller commercials . We did try barston as its right around the corner from lavender hall , but the day was just so wrong driving rain super cold and uneventful , so would like to go back . We just haven't open water fished and as yet dont have marker floats or spod , however just got a new bait boat .

I keep going on fisheries.co.UK and trawling through them and just haven't settled on one . We also went to hollyhurst and caught a few last year but no toilets for us lasses and almost got shot by farmers who were practically shooting at anything that moved .

We gave pool hall a call and I spoke to the owner who said the runs and the spec lake have all been knocked into one again now and the dam has been fixed and sorted .

We just don't kno , we have three days to fish next week . Would like to try riddins asas mentioned don't mind smaller venues that said we like a place with a good ish chance at catching . I don't mind putting the work in either to put a few on the bank but am desperate to beat 21lb lol and Sarah is trying to beat 18lb .

Anymore places u can think of let us kno , were halesowen based and can travel 45 mins but don't fish over nite just day sessions

Thanks

Laws n sar

Hi, Regarding Earlswood lakes,Engine pool, bait boats are allowed, 2 rod limit, bright pop-ups are working well for a few fish, hot pegs seem to be the high 20's and 54 to 76, if the wind is light then floating baits can work well, sweetcorn and a bed of particles work. If you get fed up catching carp with quite badly damaged mouths then Windmill pool has some beautifull commons up to high 20's possible 30's? Not highly stocked like Engine but well worth a go.Hope this helps.

All your replies are helping guys atm . We have had a few bad experiences trying new places which has always brought us back to our fave place about 30 mins from home . To be honest we are grateful for any fish on a day session , be nice to go where we have a good chance of banking some high doubles maybe low 20's to beat our pb's , but then as u may of seen from the pics section any carp we land puts a smile on our face lol :)

All your replies are helping guys atm . We have had a few bad experiences trying new places which has always brought us back to our fave place about 30 mins from home . To be honest we are grateful for any fish on a day session , be nice to go where we have a good chance of banking some high doubles maybe low 20's to beat our pb's , but then as u may of seen from the pics section any carp we land puts a smile on our face lol :)

Now your starting to play with the bigger fish they arnt as easy to catch.

Waters around our area are quite common, but when you start targeting the carp over 20lb, you will find it more challenging to catch them, most waters around have a few in, but they are clued up, so you might find you will have to visit a venue a numerous amour of tomes before you land one over 20lb. But I am sure they will be worth the wait and effort.

Another lake I have just thought of that you havnt mentioned is cuttle mill.

Hold a fair few 20's and a couple of 30's. It is days only and have to book in advance. Pretty sure bait boats arnt aloud though.

Ross.

Drayton - if you want to catch alot of fish around the 14lb mark all day, a fish a chuck then id go.

However - they are all in bad nick - mouths damaged etc and the spacing is VERY tight if you go at the weekend. I remember i had a run that decided to run to the right of me for 50yds and it crossed 5 anglers lines!

I did manage to land it in the end and it was the best fish ive had out of there @ 19.5lb