blummin' baitboats

laws

There are a number of things you need to consider when buying a bait boat, I find that all of the boats I have looked at are well over priced for what they are and the electronics leaves a lot to be desired.

You will need to decide the following.

What size lake am I going to be using it on, how much bait do I need to deposit, how much will I use it, do you need an echo sounder, and most of all how much do you want to pay.

I work in electronics and bought a faulty Icon 3 which I repaired and put an echo sounder on it, have used it a few times now and it does all I need it to do. So my advice to you would be answer the questions above first and then make a decision based on your answers, but I would say that you don't always get the best by paying the most.

And I would try and buy a secondhand boat as that will be a lot cheaper than a new one. If you can get one that is on 2ghz frequency that would be a better buy than the usual standard frequency most are on now.

If you need any other info you can PM me.

which is the best or which in your price range lol? i would go witht he waverunner as well for that money. a bloke on a syndi i fish has a v drone he paid £7000 :shock:

:shock::shock::shock::shock: my car didn't cost that much.

My car cost less than half of that price! Completely stupid buy, it better catch him a hell of a lot of carp.

You can buy my car 3 times with that!

• 2 months later...

I've got a procat basically for just a couple of hundred quid its great low profile so goes under the trees. mega long battery life same ones as in remote control cars so around £10 to replace light and small enough to carry and store and been pretty reliable to date, my brother has the atom which has a bigger bait capacity and is goes further out.

Think it depends on what you want it to do, mine is great for small compact lakes and snaggy swims but absolute pants on reservoirs you can't see it because it sits low in the water.

2nd hand microcat will do both but bigger and heavier think I would have bought one of them if I wanted to spend real money,

don't forget its not the boat that costs the bucks its the fish finders etc the add ons which is where it costs spare batteries bank side chargers carry bag additional battery for the hand set.... camo paintjob...

Small lakes - procat

bigger lakes microcat

proven reliable and hold there money

Atom a bit wobbly on reliability heavy and poor battery life

• 2 weeks later...
dont buy 1 sorry guys its cheating (tin hat on) :twisted:

Thats what i don't get :lol::lol: how can it be cheating :lol::lol: Just because some anglers use bait boats does not mean they will catch more fish COME ON :lol::lol: Do you think a fish sees a baitboat and says to itself ahhhhhh he's got a baitboat i think i better take his bait rather than the person who is NOT got a baitboat........Ok you have more chances of catching but to say it's cheating i don't think so.

Thats what i don't get :lol::lol: how can it be cheating :lol::lol: Just because some anglers use bait boats does not mean they will catch more fish COME ON :lol::lol: Do you think a fish sees a baitboat and says to itself ahhhhhh he's got a baitboat i think i better take his bait rather than the person who is NOT got a baitboat........Ok you have more chances of catching but to say it's cheating i don't think so.

Part of the skill of fishing is accurate casting and being able to feel and read the bottom to find the carpy spots. A boat takes that out of it. If you can't cast there that you shouldn't fish there. :P I don't have anything against other peeps using them at all and maybe am with you on wondering why they are banned from so many waters, but they're not for me.

I've no idea why bait boats are a Marmite topic, love them or hate them. I don't own a boat but would be happy to have access to one. We all know about those overhanging trees and the safe havens they provide.

I rented one while at Rushes Lake this summer and was able to place baits and hookbaits against the dam wall to which it's impossible to cast, because of the treeline.

My two best takes in a week came from the spots the boat had worked for me.

Ian

I think that's the point Ian. They are a great leveller...the casual angler (im not calling you a casual angler ian) can compete with a 3 day a week hardcore angler with the full range of skills.

The hardcore anglers don't like 'em for that reason...they can get out fished by noddys (and again Ian...as you know...I'm not having a go at you)...so they don't count those fish.

As I've said on threads before...if you don't like boats ...fish on waters where they are not allowed. If you are happy with captures used with a boat ...then fair play ....get on with it.

What I don't like are pompous anglers who can justify 'hardcore' angling by using a boat or dinghy and floating around like captain pug wash and then call bait boats...using an actual boat is far more like cheating than using a bait boat.

PS...I've used boats, bait boats, Spods, etc etc...I really don't give a rats backside...if I need to use one to catch the fish I need...I'll use any tool at my disposal.

A great leveler and being out fished by noddies ,so well put .

Those who wake up one morning, buy a pile of tackle including a bait boat

and catch carp will never undersand the pleasure in catching a fish through skill and perserverance , they will never understand the differance. If thats what you want then fine but there is a differance .

If we were all the same what a sad world it would be, everyone to there own I say, what works for one may not work for another :)

Agree. I guess I'm in neither camp, really. I can see the benefits of using a bait boat but I'm not heartbroken that I haven't got one.

Ian

same as you ian tbh. i remember the days that some matches banned pole because they said it gave the user an unfair advantage. either use one or dont but dont hate everyone who does just because you choose not to

Great answer, I have one and use it when I want which is not all the time :)

Part of the skill of fishing is accurate casting and being able to feel and read the bottom to find the carpy spots. A boat takes that out of it. If you can't cast there that you shouldn't fish there. :P I don't have anything against other peeps using them at all and maybe am with you on wondering why they are banned from so many waters, but they're not for me.

....so am I cheating when I row baits out??...or if I wade them into a marginal snag??

I think that's the point Ian. They are a great leveller...the casual angler (im not calling you a casual angler ian) can compete with a 3 day a week hardcore angler with the full range of skills.

The hardcore anglers don't like 'em for that reason...they can get out fished by noddys (and again Ian...as you know...I'm not having a go at you)...so they don't count those fish.

As I've said on threads before...if you don't like boats ...fish on waters where they are not allowed. If you are happy with captures used with a boat ...then fair play ....get on with it.

What I don't like are pompous anglers who can justify 'hardcore' angling by using a boat or dinghy and floating around like captain pug wash and then call bait boats...using an actual boat is far more like cheating than using a bait boat.

PS...I've used boats, bait boats, Spods, etc etc...I really don't give a rats backside...if I need to use one to catch the fish I need...I'll use any tool at my disposal.

A good angler with out a bait boat will catch more than a poor angler with a bait boat. A poor angler with a bait boat will use it all the time and useally neglect the margins, There less likely to get on the fish in the first place and when its hot they will still sit it out on the bottom rather than go stalking. There are less likely to be mobile a bait boat does not make up for poor angling ability.

That said there are times when a bait boat is deadly carnt deny that and they have a time and place. If i owned one id use it if i felt the need. Personally i use a dinghy which i much prefer. There not a stealthy and you carnt use them everyware but the lakes i currently fish and could use a bait boat i can use a dinghy so its not a problem. For what a dinghy/boat lacks in stealth it makes up for in lots of other ways.