Where to fish in the westmidlands

laws

Looking for a new place to go around the birmingham surrounding area's .

We normally fish lavender hall or alvechurch fisheries , have tried hollyhurst lakes and barston . Any other places ? we like to fish boilies and have two rods , some places are restrictive in terms of rules and dont allow bolies or two rods . Looking to beat personal bests of 20.5lb , any help would be great , ta

Laura :D

Hi Laura,

Couple of thoughts, you could try Hopsford Hall near Ansty Coventry (not far from Hollyhurst Lakes) or you could try Bishops Bowl near Southam, bit more of a trek but well worth it. Both places you can fish up to 3 rods, no bait restrictions and both would give you a good chance of a new pb, both can be found on the internet, both get busy at weekends if you can get during the week its better. Oh and both have toilets :)

as i fish around the worcester area if that is not too far there are a few decent pools around here :D

Apart from Brockamin ( which ain't what all it's cracked up to be) I'd love to know where aswell :shock:

Plz don't say ..... Dingle pools, top barn, holt pools, leigh sinton or evesbatch :roll:

wouldn't say any of those haven't any of you tried

http://www.rookerymeadowcarpfishery.co.uk/home

this is a lovely place now plus the manager has taken over evesham vale a nice 26lb mirror came out up there the other week that's only 2 that i fish around here so i class them as decent pools i might have a different attitude to some people :?

Laura, you're spoiled for choice. Try Salford Park, in the shadow of Spaghetti Junction. It's often overlooked and is seldom busy.

Kingsbury Water Park has several pools/lakes to go at. Pine Pool holds some very good carp and the park has toilet and cafe facilities.

Packington Somers, near Meriden, also has several waters to try and has similar facilities to those at Kingsbury.

Take a look at www.fisheries.co.uk as there are several fisheries listed which would probably suit your needs, particularly Hoar Park Fishery near Nuneaton.

Ian

wouldn't say any of those haven't any of you tried

http://www.rookerymeadowcarpfishery.co.uk/home

this is a lovely place now plus the manager has taken over evesham vale a nice 26lb mirror came out up there the other week that's only 2 that i fish around here so i class them as decent pools i might have a different attitude to some people :?

Yeah, ok :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your replies guys , we didnt manage to settle on a new place for last thursday so went over to lavander hall again and had a cracking day , will add some pics in the pics section .

Planning on going down to devon to visit family next week and plan on fishing town park fisheries near totnes , has anyone heard of it ?

Will bear all your suggestions in mind and go and have a look at a few for sure :)

ian the reason salford park is over looked is its been rapped by our foreign friends i fished it about 8years ago now and had some great nights catching big slabs 10lb+ (venue for you andy :lol: )but unfortunately tackle thefts gangs of hoodies and a few split lips NOT MINE i decided it just wasn't worth it going fishing tooled up is not my idea of fun,there was big carp in there 8yeas ago but never seen anyone fishing it now for years

ian the reason salford park is over looked is its been rapped by our foreign friends i fished it about 8years ago now and had some great nights catching big slabs 10lb+ (venue for you andy :lol: )but unfortunately tackle thefts gangs of hoodies and a few split lips NOT MINE i decided it just wasn't worth it going fishing tooled up is not my idea of fun,there was big carp in there 8yeas ago but never seen anyone fishing it now for years

Thats the reason i keep away, i was warned a while back, if you go, go tooled, not my idea of fishing.