corn

halfmanhalfcarp

use the one you have most confidence in. Corn is quite universal and can be used with lots of different rigs, it just depends on the style your using at the time.

If I was fishing Genesis for example I would change from corn to Maize and fish it on a long hooklength of strong mono with two bits on a long hair and spod more maize over the top.

If I was fishing a smallish lake in England I would just stick it in the margins on a short hooklength with two bits impaled directly on the hook (just like the old days) with a handfull over the top.

So many differents ways fella, maize stays on better for casting as well as plastic, but when using plastic use a short piece of spaghetti as a bait stop, so if you lose the rig it wont stay live for long, i have used a single piece of corn right up to 5 to 6 on the hair. Now my favourite way is to use a single plastic sinking corn, thread the hair from top to bottom so it looks like a natural free offering and scatter a few around it.

, but when using plastic use a short piece of spaghetti as a bait stop, so if you lose the rig it wont stay live for long.

thats a myth! the rubber grips the hair, so much you dont need a stop.youd need to have drilled an over sized hole and have it rattling on the hair :wink:

Hi halfman halfcap I take it you are new to carp fishing and you you are in the right place to progress in this sport.If you want to go with something like corn your best bet is to try maize as it stays on your hook better and is cheep to buy and you can have some fun soaking it in some flavours.Welcome to the forum

With corn I use almost exactly the same basic hair rig as I do for the rest of my fishing, something like the top rig pics on this thread:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54131

I also usually use 3 or 4 pieces of sweetcorn or maize on the hook, balanced to lift it up with a fake piece or a small piece of cork, and yes, I will use cork with real sweetcorn.

• 2 weeks later...