Leicestershire carpers

Yes mate night fished most of the river sections round here, if you get hot weather dont fish near the weir though as it gets filled with chavs diving from the weir and they get right up your nose :roll::roll::evil: Also look at joining the PAC section (3 corner field) opposite the jungle, lots of carp in that section (only a small bit though) dont leave your car in the parking area near the weir if your night fishing, lots of cars have been damaged there, but then you have the problem of its a killer of a walk from any other parking area :roll::roll::roll::wink:

• 7 months later...
does any one know of any night fishing lakes in leicester that are good

Sorry

Good for what? runs, chance of a good-un, facilities, safety, club/syndi/day ticket ??

Will save time overall if you were specific and can then cut to the chase :wink:

You can also do a search on previous threads though we are a secretive bunch - good waters are thin on the ground :lol: so are you prepared to travel into neighbouring counties?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

hay guys,

i got a ticket this year for lakeside and its getting to the point of being jammed all week its doing my head in,

i had some nice fish out the sour a few years ago round barrow upon sour area near the marina, there's some big big fish there to, and they have never seen a hook so they fight like stink

i also went for a walk round navies pit in wigston last week its a right dump now, weeded up too, i'm gonna start looking at the river i think,

hay guys,

i got a ticket this year for lakeside and its getting to the point of being jammed all week its doing my head in,

i had some nice fish out the sour a few years ago round barrow upon sour area near the marina, there's some big big fish there to, and they have never seen a hook so they fight like stink

i also went for a walk round navies pit in wigston last week its a right dump now, weeded up too, i'm gonna start looking at the river i think,

Heard theres been a fish of around 40lb from the Soar up town, dont know if it's true - dont see any reason why not though, always been plenty of carp around the weirs, used to watch them on my lunch breaks.

• 3 weeks later...

hi i too am always on the look out for new venue in leicester or nr, spent most of my days at mill farm and cliffton lakes, but for proper carp i go to and near northampton,or a small venue nr rugby.... been for some walks up and down the soar before never seen any carp, good perch fishing tho... would love to know the spots on the soar that hold carp tho any info would be good i will get down there next wknd :D tnanks

hay guys,

I was at lakeside a few weeks ago and there were only 6 anglers on the saturday and a few more on the sunday, it wasnt crammed and I managed a 21 as well on the sunday morning. The easy access bank gets more activity than the blair witch woods bank. Noel should be back from his hols now so I reckon the amount of anglers going down for a freebie session will have reduced.

i managed a 21 pound out of lakeside few years back after about 3 years and 1000 pasties later, real slow fishing down there for no real reward there was a rumour of a 30 but that turned out to be a lie, shame really. if they removed the pasties and let the bigger fish grow it would be a top fishery the lake itself is real nice, saying that tho iv not been in 2-3 years, whats the biggest been out this year?

• 3 years later...