trying willesley

well after searching through countless threads about willesley on here, i am planning on giving it a go. i was wondering if anybody had an update on how its fishing ?. i have never fished the place so i havent really got a clue about it. i had a walk around there last week saw a few fish cruising around. a couple fo nice looking swims etc. does it get really busy there ?

My niece and her husband live very near to Willesley and he fished there two weeks ago. He tried several different approaches but eventually found that white pop ups were working on that occasion.

I've had good fish from there using a bunch of worms on the hair.

Weekends can get hectic, much more tranquil midweek and, of course, a wider choice of swims.

I've found that locating the fish is important at this venue as they frequently shoal up while patrolling and go around mob handed. In warmer/sunny weather I'd have a look at the shallower areas near the car parking area. Also, dont ignore the margins, especially under overhanging foliage.

Enjoy.

Ian

Ive fished this venue in the past and had a very nice carp from the margins on sweetcorn at dark o clock. My friend caught severalin a short space of time on method feeder which would bear out Ian welders observations above.

The owner christine can be a bit funny so just ensure you make it very clear to her how long your staying and exactly how much you have given her for your ticket.