July Catch Reports

salokcinnodrog

We were on speci 3 for cats an carp I'd prefer to have been at beaver as we probably would of caught more and I'm not keen on tanyards

Yeah, that's the one I fished. I'm not that keen on Tanyards either. It all just feels a bit artificial and man made. Also, never heard of anyone doing really well there.

Yeh nice fish Adam bet it went well :lol::lol::lol:

Did you get anything?

I was up at Shillinglee on Friday. Had another two, but nothing massive. Biggest was 12.9. Hopefully doing Wednesday night. Might finally bag a big one!

Hi Theo, no I blanked but it was an experiance fishing in a monsoon, missed a cat run, just a nice time meeting Adam let him have a play with the bait boat I think hes hooked now :lol: That Shillinglee is a hard one by the sounds of it, keep chipping away at it mate the biggies cant stay away for long.

Yeh nice fish Adam bet it went well :lol::lol::lol:

Did you get anything?

I was up at Shillinglee on Friday. Had another two, but nothing massive. Biggest was 12.9. Hopefully doing Wednesday night. Might finally bag a big one!

Hi Theo, no I blanked but it was an experiance fishing in a monsoon, missed a cat run, just a nice time meeting Adam let him have a play with the bait boat I think hes hooked now :lol: That Shillinglee is a hard one by the sounds of it, keep chipping away at it mate the biggies cant stay away for long.

Sorry you missed the cat run, there's a few bigguns in there. Have you ever had a big cat? They fight like nothing else!

Shillinglee is tough, but in terms of catch rates I'm doing better than anyone else on the lake at the moment, it's just that I just keep getting the smaller ones. Maybe Wednesday will be the day. Better make sure I know how the self portrait function on my new camera works. :wink:

Went tench and crucian fishing with the wife this morning.

She is 7 months pregnant with number 6!

Landed this lump on a size 10 hook, 2 bits of sweetcorn. On a 2 gram waggler.. :shock:

She is 5.10 so with no scales i would say over 20lbs. It fought a very long fight on light tackle and she banked it with no help from me ( why would she, shes a better angler than me, fact).

It just goes to show, if your blanking or getting burnt out with carp angling, tarrget another fish and dont be supprised by what turns up.

DSCI0569.jpg

well done to all on here for the july catches, i have finally managed to bag a few myself.........now thats a rarity :shock: just got back from a long morning at my local and had 2 mirrors, and a stunning but smallish common, plus i lost a carp, well happy 8) what fishing is all about :D

well done to all on here for the july catches, i have finally managed to bag a few myself.........now thats a rarity :shock: just got back from a long morning at my local and had 2 mirrors, and a stunning but smallish common, plus i lost a carp, well happy 8) what fishing is all about :D

Good on ya for breaking your blank spell.