Get in!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey all

well its taken a few sessions but its has finally happened, early saturday morning a screaming delkim indicates theres a fish on, and what a fish, :D

my first 20lber, 20,8lb to be precise, thats 2 targets for the season in 1 fish, to catch a fish on my new water, and to catch a 20lb common, just a 20lb mirror to go and ill be a happy carper for the rest of the season

caught this beauty using ML cell just on the edge of a bar about 2 rod lenghts out in about 6 foot of water,

20lbcommon1.jpg

unfortunately not the best of pics not edited the others not that there much better the m8 i was with for some reason had the hump!!!, and wasnt very helpful with the photos.

i did have another run early sunday, but due to the fact i leave my rods set up id not checked the knot at the swivel and it snapped as i struck in to it, leaving me red faced, a fish out there, and worse of all a fish with a hook in its mouth, barbless of coarse but still not best practice

not only did this beauty visit the bank but she was joined by 2 others on sunday afternoon, a 10lb mirror, and a 13,12lb common. these 2 caught on slack lines, thanks for those who gave me advice on the use of slack lines, the 20 was caught using tight lines with a back lead

just a cheers for all the advice ive been given to me and for the stuff thats already on here :D

unfortunately not the best of pics not edited the others not that there much better the mate i was with for some reason had the hump!!!, and wasnt very helpful with the photos.

You just need a new mate now - one that is pleased for you to catch and tries to make sure that the pics are great.

Seriously - I've dropped everything and driven nearly 50 miles to take pics for a mate and they've done it for me.

Good luck getting that 20 mirror :wink:

Guest Anonymous

unfortunately not the best of pics not edited the others not that there much better the mate i was with for some reason had the hump!!!, and wasnt very helpful with the photos.

You just need a new mate now - one that is pleased for you to catch and tries to make sure that the pics are great.

Seriously - I've dropped everything and driven nearly 50 miles to take pics for a mate and they've done it for me.

Good luck getting that 20 mirror :wink:

will you be my friend lol

i always insure hes got decent photos, anyways 1 of my other m8s into photography and is teaching me, so ill be taking my own from now on i think

off for a day session tomorrow, willows farmhopefully the flooding has receded :D

Guest Anonymous
well done pal 20lb 8oz was it a wide fish pal ?

yeah quite wide, didnt start fighting till it was about a rod length from the bank then it really started to fight!

i think what hes saying are your scales right cos that looks a mid double anyday

i allways get a bit of the hump when people question the weight of other peoples fish in a photo, all my photos the fish seem to be smaller than what they are due to a couple of reasons, firstly im quite a big bloke 6,2 and 15 stone, secondly like this photo i hold the fish quite low and close in towards me , imagine the same fish with a guy who is 5 foot nothing and a about 10 stone holding the fish away from his body and that could make it look twice the size, anyway good fish mate, mufty :)

Guest Anonymous
i think what hes saying are your scales right cos that looks a mid double anyday

oh right, scales i use are a set of avon's very recently serviced by the nice man at avon, his name escapes me at the mo

20lbcommon8.jpg

hope this pic proves to those who doubt my honesty, cant see why claiming to have caught a 20 and not have, the only person im cheating is myself, and tbh i aint gonna come on here to try and get 1 over on seasoned carpers, never try to bull[censored] a bull[censored]er

Guest Anonymous

i allways get a bit of the hump when people question the weight of other peoples fish in a photo, all my photos the fish seem to be smaller than what they are due to a couple of reasons, firstly im quite a big bloke 6,2 and 15 stone, secondly like this photo i hold the fish quite low and close in towards me , imagine the same fish with a guy who is 5 foot nothing and a about 10 stone holding the fish away from his body and that could make it look twice the size, anyway good fish mate, mufty :)

cheers mufty :D

the last pic shows the size of the fish a lot better, in the past we have had people showing pics of a carp that would struggle to hit 12lb and them claiming it to be a 30 or similar, good fish mate, and nice to an angler with a "smiley" face

well done

oh right, scales i use are a set of avon's very recently serviced by the nice man at avon, his name escapes me at the mo

20lbcommon8.jpg

hope this pic proves to those who doubt my honesty, cant see why claiming to have caught a 20 and not have, the only person im cheating is myself, and tbh i aint gonna come on here to try and get 1 over on seasoned carpers, never try to [censored] a [censored]

that matey is a much better photo showing the length of the fish and the a size comparison to your hands, id say after seeing that its defo gonna be a 20. the photo i originally saw on the mat just does not do it justice.

well done on the milestone pal

Guest Anonymous

cheers woods, jules :D

@ northeastcarper, cos im and ugly (I know this naughty word is banned but I decided to use it any way because I can't control myself)er, plus in that pic im pulling a proper orgasm face lol

Guest Anonymous

cheers brighton, :D

maybe ill let you see my orgasm face when i get me next target :wink::D

good luck tonight fella, i shall sacrifice a kilo of bollies to the fish gods in pray for you lol

cheers brighton, :D

maybe ill let you see my orgasm face when i get me next target :wink::D

good luck tonight fella, i shall sacrifice a kilo of bollies to the fish gods in pray for you lol

Nice one. I'm doing what I call a midweek sneaker. Leaving work early, shuuush. Train home, car already packed, at the lake by 6pm, probably be the only one there, fish till 6am, back home, shower, and on the 8:04 to work. Nice :lol::lol::lol:

I've had a few decent fish that way, including my 18:6 PB common last year.

Someone had a 35 out over the weekend.