stalking rods

thinking about getting one,but do i go for 6ft or 9ft,i was thinking a 6ft rod probably better as it is smaller and better for tighter spaces and could do the same as a 9ft rod but whats your thoughts?is there any reason a 9ft rod would be the better choice?

Mick, i've got both and to be honest both have there uses. The lttle un gets in to mega tight spots but the 9ft gets the most use as the extra length is handy if cast a float or floater out a bit. Also the 9ft makes a good boat rod when i piking. The out cast is a nice rod but i have the wychwood extricators and for the money they are spot on.

for soft work where i need forgiveness in the rod I use a shimano nexave spinning rod..6ft...perfect for jungle swims....normally I use an 8ft john wilson stalking rod...this is without doubt the best rod I have ever used....full cork....like an extention of my arm...brilliant

i went to fosters after work today to have a look at the stalking rods but was not to impressed with the outcasts but was very impressed with the greys prodigy 7ft 2/75 tc infact it looked and felt that sexy i bought it 8)

i will let you know how it handles big fish when i get one :wink: