living the dream? only one way to find out

wish me luck boys,iam off to crete lakes on friday to take up a paid ballifs position till the end of the season in october :D . i know there will be a lot of hard work involved,but hopefully it will be the job ive allways dreamed of and in the future open further doors for me within the angling trade!

nxt time i post i may well be holding some seriously large french lumps for the camera-watch this space. wishing you all a great season best fishes dave :D:D

jealous, me, what makes you think that? seriously, good luck to you. would love to know how you managed to find such a position, been looking for such a job myself for the last 2 or 3 years. so once again peeps, if anyone knows of such a position i would be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction :)

I wish you all the best but just a little friendly warning, you must be taxed under the French tax system as an employee of the owner/operator of Crete Lakes. I am not an expert on this subject but I do know (from my own painful experience) that all lake operators in France "must be tax registered in France" and in time this will be enforced! Don't know if you know any of the bailiffs at Dream Lakes, but I am told they have to go back to the UK every 4 or 6 weeks to avoid contravening French legislation. There are many illegal lakes operating here according to the French tax authorities, that I am now an expert on!! Anyway hopefully you won't have any problems and that the owner/operator of Crete Lakes

is properly tax registered in France.

Good luck m8!

Well Dave I dont know if I can add to your post.... we registered as an SARL ( French equivalent to a Ltd company) in 2003 before we even had paying anglers, as we wanted to do it 'properly' from the off... and obviously be able to claim back the TVA (VAT) on our expensive fish purchase!

We dont employ anyone as we are a relatively small operation.

I would like to add my good wishes on your new adventure & do get some advice on registering for work etc. There are various expat forums which should tell you the ins & outs of working legally in France.

Bon chance!