It really *beeps* me off!

useph

When I'm at fishing, I try to be as quiet as possible for my own fishing confidence that I'm not being too loud but also being quiet for the other anglers. One thing that I ensure I do is turn off my alarms every time I need to move /adjust my set up.

As this is a very simple thing to do, its really annoys me when people never turn them off, always winding their rods, picking up their rods and just generally beeping their alarms for no reason every five minutes.

Is it just me or is that really annoying!?

yep happens here as well. mods maybe we could do with a sticky on fishing etiquette, the do,s and dont,s on the bank whilst fishing, i still see anglers catching carp in insufficent nets and dragging fish up the bank and still not using unhooking mats and still i find rubbish and disgarded mainline every where. How about it mods

yep happens here as well. mods maybe we could do with a sticky on fishing etiquette, the do,s and dont,s on the bank whilst fishing, i still see anglers catching carp in insufficent nets and dragging fish up the bank and still not using unhooking mats and still i find rubbish and disgarded mainline every where. How about it mods

Seconded........ The discarded mainline / rigs one really boils my slash....i seem to find it everywhere i go...... They allways seem to be real horrible rigs as well....

I hate the noise when a person is sat 2 feet away from their rods but has the volume on full it gets so bad that after a session i can still hear alarms ringing in my ears when i am back at home hours later. My biggest peeve though is litter of all kinds from empty cans,packets of bait,placcy bags left in the water,bottles of pee in the bushes but most of all i hate line left on the bank.

What about when you have gone to the extra effort of getting there early to set your traps only to have someone move right next door and ruin your swim by repeatedly casting right over your bait without having the common decency to ask where you are fishing

I always switch mine off when picking up the rod or adjusting the bobbins, had a narrow escape when I had a run and forgott to switch it back on, got distracted somehow.

Could hear this noise thinking someone should hit that soon, only to look down to see my baitrunner whizzing round, what a muppet :oops:

I always switch mine off when picking up the rod or adjusting the bobbins, had a narrow escape when I had a run and forgott to switch it back on, got distracted somehow.

Could hear this noise thinking someone should hit that soon, only to look down to see my baitrunner whizzing round, what a muppet :oops:

Not that is something I have ever done :oops:

Was talking to a mate last week, and the first sound we heard was the line cracking out the clip as the indicator hit the rod.

I even have my receiver in the bivvy, but find it disconcerting to hear bleeps from my rods when I'm adjusting or setting the indicators from my own rods

Guest keenook

I love my alarms loud, however, I too hate the beep merchants!

I never turn of an alarm, but after casting place the rod back down but the line is not on the roller, set the indicator then lift the rod and the line is then on the roller/ sensor, at most one beep, that let's you know all is set!

I never turn of an alarm, but after casting place the rod back down but the line is not on the roller, set the indicator then lift the rod and the line is then on the roller/ sensor, at most one beep, that let's you know all is set!

finally...did wonder when somebody would state the obvious way forward kev ....but also...thank god for solitude on a water...its almost as bad as the mallet brigade setting a bivvy up...for a day session....what is THAT all about???!...obviously to look the "part"

Guest keenook

finally...did wonder when somebody would state the obvious way forward kev ....but also...thank god for solitude on a water...its almost as bad as the mallet brigade setting a bivvy up...for a day session....what is THAT all about???!...obviously to look the "part"

Ermmmmmmmm How should the part look???

quite....I certainly dont know thesedays...never been one for fad or fashion...as anyone whose met me can testify too...certainly wont ever understand all the camo gear :lol:

Guest keenook

quite....I certainly dont know thesedays...never been one for fad or fashion...as anyone whose met me can testify too...certainly wont ever understand all the camo gear :lol:

But I was wearing Camo gear 25+years ago, one the bank and at work!

But I was wearing Camo gear 25+years ago, one the bank and at work!

worn it for work myself...and on the bank....for stalking only for me....found that peolpe obviously couldnt see me otherwise...they kept ignoring me........oh hang on :shock::lol:

Guest keenook
I'm getting beeped off at minute with the guy 4 swims down.

I'm going to throw boilies at him until he stops.

Get the catapult out and pelt him in the head with them! :D

25mm at least! :twisted:

Actually, sod the boilies, pelt him with 4oz leads!! better still, attach it you a rod and cast at him, you'll definitely get your lead back that way, and improve your accuracy at the same time! :evil::twisted::evil::twisted:

Guest keenook

Actually, sod the boilies, pelt him with 4oz leads!! better still, attach it you a rod and cast at him, you'll definitely get your lead back that way, and improve your accuracy at the same time! :evil::twisted::evil::twisted:

Calm down :shock:

Lol! Sorry, It's just Noddy's like that really irritate me, probably the same blokes who insist on yelling at each other from across the lake, or walking past your swim louder than a stampede!

For me, Fishing is 70% about the peace and quiet, fat chance of that with these guy's around!

Calm down :shock: