Ultima power carp ultra

is anyone using this stuff yet who would care to give me an opinion on it ? does it sink well, is it any good, good points, bad points before i pay out the twenty quid, thanks.

Put it this way, I wouldn't likely buy another Ultima line if I was paid. :!:

All of the Ultima lines I have tried, tested and used have been absolutely kacke. Unexplained breakage as I lifted into a fish with a stalking rod and centre pin, terrible line twist on baitrunners and big pits, and massive coils coming off the spools on the cast.

is anyone using this stuff yet who would care to give me an opinion on it ? does it sink well, is it any good, good points, bad points before i pay out the twenty quid, thanks.

All of the Ultima lines I have tried, tested and used have been absolutely kacke. Unexplained breakage as I lifted into a fish with a stalking rod and centre pin, terrible line twist on baitrunners and big pits, and massive coils coming off the spools on the cast.

Goes to show how line is a personal thing before moving onto fluoro i used the original power carp for two years and i loved the stuff. Found it cast well, sunk quite well and was very abasion resistant never had it fail on me. Just moved over to the 14lb ultima pure power fluoro and love that to.

Now I'm wandering what I'm doing wrong. :wink:

I love the Power Carp fluoro coated stuff. I change it every year, just in case, but I've never had a problem with it.

The 16lb stuff can be a little prone to coils springing off the spool, but the 12lb stuff is fine.

Goes to show how line is a personal thing before moving onto fluoro i used the original power carp for two years and i loved the stuff. Found it cast well, sunk quite well and was very abasion resistant never had it fail on me. Just moved over to the 14lb ultima pure power fluoro and love that to.

Jez,

I agree totally about what works for one is not the same for everyone. I know that some lines don't work for me, yet others think that they are the dog's danglies.

I know that the Power Carp didn't even last a night on the spool. I was supposed to be doing an "awake night" with the Centre pin and stalking rod with a mate, yet I packed up within an hour after my first take. The whole line was fragged and went straight into the bin.

I'd had problems with it before on the baitrunners, thought maybe it was them that was causing the problem, so decided to try it on the Centre pin, just didn't get on with it.

I do know that when it comes to lines, I see little reason to change if what I'm using (actually any tackle) still works. For that reason I stick to a couple of brands that I do know work for me:

Daiwa Sensor, P-line Fluroclear and Shimano Catana.

It takes a lot to make me want to change, although I have also looked at Tiger Line, just don't know if I can justify that money on it

i use the 16lb and it is best line bar none.

sinks well and stuff is solid, good knots and unlikely to break with big carp.

i caught 67.9lb sturgeon and line coped like a dream :)

all opinion i guess though as others will say its rubbish no doubt.

i'll never change this line anyway

ive got to honest ive never had a problem with 12lb power carp ( which breaks at over 17lb according to the TB tests ) and i've just watched a piece on bivvy tv with lee jackson saying its exactly the same as as power carp but with their distressed camo process but i wanted something that sinks quicker than power carp so i might look at something else now

I had a 49lb Cat on the 12lb stuff, dragging the line along the top of a massive gravel bar, and it didn't fail.

I had a 49lb Cat on the 12lb stuff, dragging the line along the top of a massive gravel bar, and it didn't fail.

speaks volumes for the line doesnt it :)

Its good line get on it. Good value sinks well and casts well. It recently got me out of trouble had a fish get snagged in a area where to my knowledge there was non.

After wading out and getting different angle and giveing it the beanz,i got the fish moving but could feel it grating eventally landed the fish and there woz what i pressume woz a polish trap , a legth of string with broken swivel was wrapped round my lead and leader. Im sure many other lines would have not stood the abrsion and the fish could well have been a goner.

i've respooled with the power carp, i've never had a problem with it, and if jackson's saying the ultras exactly the same i dont know how they justify the eight quid difference for dying it a few shades of green, power carp does sink " eventually " so i'm stickin to what i know

Got it on a set of spools. It's rubbish. So much so I really feel like complaining to them for what is the worst line I have ever bought. It does nothing it's supposed to. It frays under tension and when rubbed and snaps. It's luminous under water and goes like a laser when in sunlight.

Since using the p line fluroclear no fluro type line has out performed it. Shame I can't buy it anymore.

Jamie,

Last time I looked importing it from USA a couple of sellers had 3000metres at around £30 with carriage I think it worked out at £42, and thats through Ebay.

Correction, try this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170832631951?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400073746728?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Coops would I be correct thinking p-line is no longer available?? Having used it in the past I rated the line, im in the market for some new reels so would be needing to respooo with decent reliable line, pure floro is just to expensive for me. Wat other pine would u say is as good for all round fishing??

Coops would I be correct thinking p-line is no longer available?? Having used it in the past I rated the line, im in the market for some new reels so would be needing to respooo with decent reliable line, pure floro is just to expensive for me. Wat other pine would u say is as good for all round fishing??

The links I posted above were for P-Line from USA. It worked out at £40 roughly, including carriage for 3000 yards. You may have to have a search on ebay to see if you can get it for that price again as one of the auctions has ended, but one is still ongoing.