licence, fuming

Gaz

My take on the original reasons behind the thread is that if they dont buy a license and they get away with it, then good on em..... if they get caught then fair enough but dont whinge about it.

Standards in Angling is very much down to owners as far as I can see, and seeing as it's theie own stock they should be protecting the really so it should be....For me the bigger question here is why dont owners do more where this is concerned, I've never had to undergo a rig check yet at any venue ive ever fished but they all say that your subject to one if requested.

Ive said it before and I'll continue to say it.....The EA are there as a money making agency for government. Nothing Else. I deal with them on a very regular basis, albiet in a different field but they are nothing but beureacratic pen pushers.

As far as Im concerned Getting done for not having a license is no worse than getting a parking ticket on the morality scale.......It certainly has nothing to do with keeping bad anglers off the bank.......

Grim

Some good points there mate and some feelings i share too :wink:

My take on the original reasons behind the thread is that if they dont buy a license and they get away with it, then good on em..... if they get caught then fair enough but dont whinge about it.

Standards in Angling is very much down to owners as far as I can see, and seeing as it's theie own stock they should be protecting the really so it should be....For me the bigger question here is why dont owners do more where this is concerned, I've never had to undergo a rig check yet at any venue ive ever fished but they all say that your subject to one if requested.

Ive said it before and I'll continue to say it.....The EA are there as a money making agency for government. Nothing Else. I deal with them on a very regular basis, albiet in a different field but they are nothing but beureacratic pen pushers.

As far as Im concerned Getting done for not having a license is no worse than getting a parking ticket on the morality scale.......It certainly has nothing to do with keeping bad anglers off the bank.......

Grim

how on earth did you come to this conclusion? the original reason for this thread was that i think they should have been kicked off and taken to court, not once did i even insinuate that i thought g"good on em"

Grim

how on earth did you come to this conclusion? the original reason for this thread was that i think they should have been kicked off and taken to court, not once did i even insinuate that i thought g"good on em"

Hence the reason i said SOME good points in my post fella :lol:

Grim

I think youve miss-understood what i meant Gaz, Or i've put it over wrongly..... The "Good On Em" Qoute was MY feeling on the original thoughts behind the thread, I wasnt insinuating that thats what I thought you meant.

Grim

I think youve miss-understood what i meant Gaz, Or i've put it over wrongly..... The "Good On Em" Qoute was MY feeling on the original thoughts behind the thread, I wasnt insinuating that thats what I thought you meant.

Lol. I wondered how you got to that conclusion

Guest Anonymous

I got done for a snide third rod while I was poaching a big bleak gravel pit near reading in the 90's, two of us, same day, same offence and I was fined £175, he got £90, both cases were heard in the same court on the same day, lol.

I got done for a snide third rod while I was poaching a big bleak gravel pit near reading in the 90's, two of us, same day, same offence and I was fined £175, he got £90, both cases were heard in the same court on the same day, lol.
you must have done some plumbing for the judge at some pint and he remembered you lol

i spoke to the ea today they said they would send out replacement licences as they have sent them but i havn't received them,and my receipt from post office is ok to use for now 8)

Same thing happened to me, purchased mine a month ago but it never came!

I'm at uni so it doesn't matter for now but it's a bit concerning

Had a mate use 3 rods on only 1 licence a couple of seasons back cost him £350 thing is he hardly ever used 3 rods this was on knipton res he was really embarrassed as he is a very law abiding bloke no chance of being let off EA fella must have been in a good mood the day the op was there. I remember once in the angling times a women had gone fishing with her husband and 5 yr old son only to watch her son struggling with a little perch he couldn't work the reel to reel it in so she got hold of the rod and reel holding the little lads hand and reeled the fish in she was fined £750 for fishing without a rod licence makes you wonder sometimes :roll: .

dont think you should be able to buy a season /day or syndicate ticket without a valid rod licence. know my local wont let you buy a season ticket without one! also on the subject, dont see why you have to buy two licences for three rods. if your allowed to use three rods there should be some form of supplement to your rod licence that you could buy.

Brian, even buying two licences is cheaper than it used to be in the days of regional ones, cost a fortune if you got about a bit.

Agreed. I can remember buying my Anglian Water Licences, must of been around £7.50 at the time for each one, and then having to buy 3 licences to cover fishing Redmire, think that came to another £22 from memory.

I bought my single licence this year through the post office, and it was on the doormat via Royal Mail within 5 days. My son's first licence I bought on a Sunday via the EA website, and he got his in the post 3 days later. I can remember it quite easily 'cos I got a BIG smiley text from him when it arrived :wink::lol:

I've always bought a rod licence, although I can think of a few occasions as a junior when I fished on the 1st January when I really shouldn't have done as I hadn't been able to get it due to the Tackle Shops being shut in the run up through Christmas and New Year. Fishing licences at that time running from 1st January to 31st December.

i got my licence on the 27th of march, 4 weeks later i phoned them as i still hadnt had it come through the post and they said it run out on the 31st :shock: i asked if they really thought i would pay £54 for 2 licences to last me 4 days lol. they did send me 2 new ones

• 3 weeks later...

Was fishing with my mates today, and surprisingly 2 EA men came around the lake, asking for licences. I showed them mine, they wrote my name down and Bob's your Uncle.

Not so for my friends.

Now comes the part that I thought was utterly ridiculous. Instead of fining them, they allowed them to go to the reception of the fishery to buy a year's licence, which is £5 as we're 16. I was fuming, as I had bothered to renew my licence, but they had just not bothered, and considering it's only a fiver, this is madness, if you ask me.

They must have some deal with the EA, it's Wylands, so you can have a look on their website, but here's what they say about it:

"National rod licences are available to purchase from Wyland International Angling Centre. Please ask at Reception when you visit. Alternatively you can purchase a licence online at the Environment Agency."

Was fishing with my mates today, and surprisingly 2 EA men came around the lake, asking for licences. I showed them mine, they wrote my name down and Bob's your Uncle.

Not so for my friends.

Now comes the part that I thought was utterly ridiculous. Instead of fining them, they allowed them to go to the reception of the fishery to buy a year's licence, which is £5 as we're 16. I was fuming, as I had bothered to renew my licence, but they had just not bothered, and considering it's only a fiver, this is madness, if you ask me.

Thing is as under 16 they wouldn't get a large fine if it was taken to court.

Certain external agencies, which include some fisheries, are still allowed to sell licences direct.

I had the joy of seeing a couple of numpties fishing the local river a couple of weeks ago, bivvies set up and fishing 4 rods each. Despite telling them that it was close season they didn't want to pack up, I eventually phoned EA and the bailiffs came down, complete with police back up. I know that at least 2 people were caught fishing that day as the bailiffs and police went all the way along the town stretches of river.

Not so for my friends.

Certain external agencies, which include some fisheries, are still allowed to sell licences direct.

I had the joy of seeing a couple of numpties fishing the local river a couple of weeks ago, bivvies set up and fishing 4 rods each. Despite telling them that it was close season they didn't want to pack up, I eventually phoned EA and the bailiffs came down, complete with police back up. I know that at least 2 people were caught fishing that day as the bailiffs and police went all the way along the town stretches of river.

i didnt know that lol. all that does is open the door for cheats imho

Not so for my friends.

Yeah, but if an EA employee says you can buy a license there, I reckon it's kosher.

Not so for my friends.

Yeah, but if an EA employee says you can buy a license there, I reckon it's kosher.

i dont doubt that mate i just didnt realise

should do something about the otters instead :x

Yes "shot" and they make a nice meal too as well..

i take the view that licence dodgers should have there fishing gear taken away from them ...

But the EA bailiffs are not helping themselves by not haveing with them a full list of anglers who have a licence and they can easily see whether a licencesee has a licence by them giving there address (with ID).......... But because there union wont allow them to carry a handheld pc or should i say they cant be trusted in giving them back after work (remember the problems MOD had where there employees takeing the laptops home and then promptly loseijg them on the underground or on a bus.)

What happened at that lake would not happen if they had a handheld pc/ mombile phone/camera with them.