bon voyarge

slimysime

Well lads im back home in sunny england :shock::) we arrived at the lake sataday to find conditions perfect, we wer'nt at the lodge looking out at the lake more than two minutes when a huge lump popped up no more than 40 yards out :lol: , well i picked my swim which looked very very carpy, no runs or even liners for two days so after having a walk around the lake and spotted a few huge fish moving about and decided to move, by this time some of the lads were catching every day 40's 50's and tues a 60 came out and i still had'nt caught by thursday i still had'nt caught anything and was considering hanging myself with some 45lb braid from the nearest tree, i decided to go for a little mooch receiver in hand to see if i could spot one amongst the snags when my left rod screemed off, 10 minutes later a 32lb mirror was on the bank :D:D finally i could relax, the lads did the vids/photos and doused my with bucket of water, nothing came out friday but sataday morning 3 hours before i was due to go my middle rod which had been out without moving it for two days over a baited spot on a cell pop up screemed off, after a huge battle in the dark imanaged to slip the net under a fish, after taking out the hook and making it safe i still did'nt know the weight putting her on the scales the reubens wound round to 50,3oz, :shock::D:D three hours to go and ive managed to land a 50, oh my god ive hit the 50 club, to say i was happy is a underestatment im still buzzing now, photos will follow cheers lads :wink:

Etang des deux Pierres in the Champagne region near Vitry le Francois. Was a great venue all 6 of the other guys I was with had a great week too :)

Dont know if it was the same for you (though I think you were in close proximity!) but before we got there it'd been raining solid for about 3/4 weeks. As soon as we got there the sun came out and we had beautiful weather for 90% of the time we were there.

Couple of days while there pal hit mid 20's, feet in the lake drinking cold beer and steak baguettes :D but oh my god the frogs at night drove me mad, along with the mozzies :shock: and if your listening coops the ants you warned me about earlier they are evil things, but all in all a great experience one i shall never forget :D

Yep! We had those frogs too, they sounded like Predator from the movies going all night! I also made the mistake of turning a white headlamp on at night the day the mozzies appeared in droves, think my face was covered by the things within about 5 seconds! :evil:

I'm almost certain we returned with about 30'000 of those ants in our rod bags and kit as well :)

Yep! We had those frogs too, they sounded like Predator from the movies going all night! I also made the mistake of turning a white headlamp on at night the day the mozzies appeared in droves, think my face was covered by the things within about 5 seconds! :evil:

I'm almost certain we returned with about 30'000 of those ants in our rod bags and kit as well :)

i set my bivvy under a weeping willow and all night i had it dripping on my bivvy, frogs croaking, mozzies biteing, it almost pushed me over the top :D