Etangs De Breton

this small lakes complex appears to have it all. situated 3 hours or less from Le Havre "runs waters" french style carp to 40lbs in most lakes. several lakes have cats to 80lbs.also blue sturgeon and grass carp , all these lakes are basically large ponds the smallest is about an acre or so and you have the lake or lakes to yourselves. they can handle a family of four in one lake normally its two anglers on the other lakes and 3 at a stretch.....note unlike most french lakes there are cabins or caravans to sleep in but offcourse yu can take a shelter . no need for a bait boat as yu have your own "boat" in every lake... run by englishman living on-site..

fishing in late june and with luck get a PB there also.... as my own is only 24lbs dont think that be a problem

• 3 weeks later...

we arrive on saturday 30th june. for one week.

I been told this runs water is pretty good (by uk standards) carp to 40lbs. and eagle has some good cats to about 60+.

The only thing not looking forward is the night boat to le havre and it does not arrive until about 9am . we probably have a breakfast on the way but are going the coast route as it is cheaper and anyway we dont need to get there before 1pm..

• 1 month later...

well 24 hour to go before the trip of a lifetime (for me) have i got everything ? 8 kilos of boilies 4 kilos of halibut (various sizes) 300 gram of popups. 8 tins of luncheon meat ,some small amounts of maize and sweetcorn. and about 12/14 kilos of groundbaits 2 litres of molasses 6 small 100 gram pots of hot chilli powder. (carp hook mainly hairs but with 300 metres of 40lb braid to make any hairs.needed plus 2 x100lb kevlar hairs for cat s plus the usual three quarters of an ounce weight for ledgering.. line mainly 23lb fluro but also loaded is 14lbs fluro and 16lbs nylon on spare spool/reel.. 5 carp rods 3x2.75 1x 2.50 1x 2.25 7 large baitrunners

one tripod 3 rod pod. 6 spare bank sticks. 2 x steve nevilles plus 3 microns as well. not shure what bivvy to take the Nash explorer or the Atlanta one man

Aim is a PB offcourse (no point going is there ?) love to get a 30 lbs (dont hold your breath) a cat (any size or a sturgeon too and hopefully a grass carp too. all pbs.