everyones got a favourite!! ?

roosterbooster

Hydro Link from rig marole its a nightmare to tie but looks good when wet and when i tie brown cotton on to it it looks like tree roots

I bought some of this after seeing a demo at a show. I genuinally wanted to get on with it- as it seemed to offer a lot of advantages- but I've pretty much given up with it. Its OK for combi links but anything other than that (due to its comparative thickness in comparison to hook eyes) is just too fiddly (as you already commented ozzy).

I bought some of their other stuff too (with the 2lb flouro running through it). 2 comments- 1: it floats 2: its ok for bag work- but if your try and cast it the flouro breaks and you cast a rig with no bait. :roll:

I might be getting muddled up with the names of their stuff. I've tried their web site and still can't work out which product is which and I own some of it- so it just shows how rubbish some web sites are and why companies don't succeed when other flourish. Other companies might sell rubbish products- but at least their marketing collateral shows you which product you are buying and what its for!

Anyway- the stuff I couldn't get on with is the braid with a stiff 20lb flouro running up inside it. I though it would be very good for hinged stiff rigs- but by the time I had mucked about with it- I could have tied two with proper components.

...and as mentioned above the other stuff is ok with putty and in a bag.

I'm easy to please, its known as Kryston.

The only manufacturer I use for hooklink materials, with the excepion of Amnesia for Combi-rigs and mono for surface fishing.

They are 100% reliable, never given any problems and so I see no reason to change :wink::!:

I'm easy to please, its known as Kryston.

The only manufacturer I use for hooklink materials, with the excepion of Amnesia for Combi-rigs and mono for surface fishing.

They are 100% reliable, never given any problems and so I see no reason to change :wink::!:

yes kryston looks very good, if i was ever to stay from the path and use a diffrent hooklink i think it would choose ktystone, so many to choose from aswell. which 1 is a strong supple camo none coated braid? silkworm? i also like the look of the korda supernatural made a rig out of this few week ago really blends in,

Nick and I have discussed this on a few occasions. I used to use Kryston all the time and have caught shedloads on Snakebite gold & Merlin. The main problem with just about everything they do- is that it floats. Times move on- but manufacturers sometimes don't.

I can't understand manufacturers who charge £8-£12 for a hooklength material that floats.

....actually I can...because they make a shedload out of it and we then have to spend more money on other products to make it do what its supposed to in the first place.

Nick and I have discussed this on a few occasions. I used to use Kryston all the time and have caught shedloads on Snakebite gold & Merlin. The main problem with just about everything they do- is that it floats. Times move on- but manufacturers sometimes don't.

I can't understand manufacturers who charge £8-£12 for a hooklength material that floats.

....actually I can...because they make a shedload out of it and we then have to spend more money on other products to make it do what its supposed to in the first place.

Discussed it, laughed at, probably sworn at each other :wink::lol: and I still use Merlin, as part of my combi links and as a hooklink material straight at times, for the odd occasions I use Pop-ups and for bottom baits and snowman set-ups. I don't have a problem with it floating, but that may be down to how I tend to use it, with a large stringer so it all lays down flat.

It may also be that when wet it does sink down. Its rare that I cast out a dry hooklink when I arrive at the lake, usually getting a couple of casts to get it right, ranging towards the clip, or putting a few stringers worth of bait in.

My other hooklinks are Mantis Gold and Jackal, and I don't have any problem just grabbing a ready tied rig out the rig bin and tying it on. Even then, I still go through a couple of "stringer" casts.

kryston merlin for me, with the merlin i use it with solid pva bags, bottom bait rigs and for pop-up rigs. i just like the extra movment with braid. it lies over every bottom because its so supple. ive use it for years and had my pb on it. ive never changed to the newer braids on the market because i find them stiff compered to merlin.

My favourite is the original Korda hybrid. This stuff made a difference to my fishing when I switched to it, but like has happened with so many other great products, the company discontinue it in favour of a new product.

I am down to the last couple of feet of this stuff and over the last 2years I have been trying loads of other links, cortex, Jel-e-wire etc and have noticed that the catch rate with these is reduced.

For spot fishing it has to be hybrid links I have in the box, but try to preserve it by using the Jel-e-wire when chucking into the unknown and fishing silt patches.

My favourite is the original Korda hybrid. This stuff made a difference to my fishing when I switched to it, but like has happened with so many other great products, the company discontinue it in favour of a new product.

I am down to the last couple of feet of this stuff and over the last 2years I have been trying loads of other links, cortex, Jel-e-wire etc and have noticed that the catch rate with these is reduced.

For spot fishing it has to be hybrid links I have in the box, but try to preserve it by using the Jel-e-wire when chucking into the unknown and fishing silt patches.

I thought I read somewhere that they are bringing it back. It will be an altered version from the original, still trying to achieve the same purpose though. May be wrong though.

• 3 weeks later...