Saying hello.

Hi guys, thought I'd say hello. I'm originally from Dorset in england, moved over here (Melbourne) 6 years ago, due to obvious Aussie reasons I thought my carp fishing days were over. After over 20 years of fishing for carp in England,France and Spain I was pretty upset, however I have just returned from a river in Vic having just caught a nice sized carp during a work trip and have been re-bitten by the bug!

Looking forward to carp talk again!!

Dave

welcome to the forum Dave,

You'll find that there is a nice little community down there of carp fishermen, they are very secretive and stick together (due to the laws etc they tend to do things on the downlow) stick with it though mate, keep posting and I am sure that after a while you will find them or they'll find you :wink:

Thanks for the welcomes! The vibe I'm getting is very similar to when I used to fish a few estate lakes in deepest darkest Dorset, very secretive, lips sealed until you can prove yourself. I'm loving it already! I've discovered there's a decent head of carp literally right on my doorstep although in the most public location imaginable, I'm starting a pre baiting campaign soon and will keep anyone who's interested in how it goes informed, Ahhhh, it's great to smell freshly made boilies again!

Dave