sawmills Newton Abbot Devon

Can anybody help I am looking at fishing at sawmills in Devon it is oneof NAFA waters (Newton Abbot fishing association). I would just like a few hints and tips and numbers of carp. All I knowaboutthefishery isitisa old clay pit with a creamy colored water with a soft base. Any info would be a gr8 help

Hi Andy, used to fish it a bit in my younger year! The lake is very deep so stick to the margins with really smelly bait due to the colour of the water! The fish like to hang around in the snags so that's always a good bet. Fish wise not sure on numbers but believe they go to around 24lb. Simple silt type rigs because you at right the bottom is pretty much very soft clay! Hope this helps :)

Can anybody help I am looking at fishing at sawmills in Devon it is oneof NAFA waters (Newton Abbot fishing association). I would just like a few hints and tips and numbers of carp. All I knowaboutthefishery isitisa old clay pit with a creamy colored water with a soft base. Any info would be a gr8 help

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum

Honestly, there is no need to start the same thread 3 times :wink::lol:

I've moved this into the correct section of the forum for you, so hopefully you should get some more help :wink:

• 2 weeks later...