baden hall

I would be interested in having a go on there but dont you think its a bit of a wrip off?

You pay to fish £30 which is fare enough, but then you have to buy their bait on top!

I think they would get more people if they dropped the silly bait rules. Im local and know several people that wont go purely because of this.

Are they strict and check your bait?

• 1 month later...
Burble, let me know how u get on mate! Ive been thinking of having a bash on there myself as im local. This is the bivvy water u going on and not the garden shed lake isnt it?

Yes mate it was the bivvy water, very hard going in the main to the extreme temp, i got cooked!! had a small mirror first night on Zig, but fish were just cruising, water is gin clear with the weed just visible and starting to grow, the silk weed is more of a pain, altogether pleasant and feels better Bivvied up, ten pegs well spaced apart all along one bank with 100yd + chuck to far bank, good depths right in the marging 5ft to 12ft in middle, sods law though over the two days 2 x 29s came out of the Quarry Pool, let me know when your going, looking for some one local always better when taking pics Lol

Speak Soon Gazza

• 2 months later...

Very often use baden. As staff are pleasent and I find leave you to it unlike other places fished. Being doing quite well on old match pool as of late also just on luncheon. 14-16 . not big wieght fish but enjoyable to fish. As anyone fished blake hall in cheadle, stoke on trent as looking to go and wondered of any reviews. Thanks daz

Very often use baden. As staff are pleasent and I find leave you to it unlike other places fished. Being doing quite well on old match pool as of late also just on luncheon. 14-16 . not big wieght fish but enjoyable to fish. As anyone fished blake hall in cheadle, stoke on trent as looking to go and wondered of any reviews. Thanks daz

Middle Pool the {largest Pool} one opposite the old match pool as carp in to 29Lb although i have only had fish to 18Lb but some fantastic sport off the top along the wood bank mainly doubles, could try potteries card £30 and get tixall wides & Cadbury pool at Knighton again pretty good for carp low to mid doubles and again good for top fishing,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
finally going to baden on monday.anybody got any tips on the baits that are working and whats not.i dont know which pool we are going to fish.all help appreciated.tim

Hi there mate I've done a vlog session at "Baden Hall" please feel free to have a look mate a judge for yourself.

Please type in “Carping From The Start” in the YouTube search bar it should come up.

My views on it are that it is cracking venue but just very hard if you are new to the lake, the fish in there are stunning dark fish that anyone would be proud to catch. Plus the added bonus that you get to sleep in the comfort of a shed on each peg.

My thorough views can be seen on the video so can my tactics and bait, so please feel free to give it a watch. :D

• 3 weeks later...
only fished middle pool,had four carp and four bream.going again on wednesday,could do with finding out the best tactics if anyone can be of assistance.will be fishing middle pool again.

If you look at this months catch report I had a few out from the middle pool I find the best way is to fish surface baits or just under the surface with small floaters

You can scale down your end tackle as its not a snaggy water I had success with a strong 14 hook and 6lb hooklength

My mate did ok on bottom baits 12mill pellets doing the trick but this will also catch you bream .....

Keep the floaters going in a rod length or so out and it won't take long for the carp to start feeding

went again wednesday,only caught 4 again.too many ducks and a bit windy for floaters.caught 2 on a chod rig and 2 on a bottom bait.is there anything i am doing wrong.could really do with some help :oops::oops:

Me and my mate have fished baden about four or five times and found method feeder used to work best using just small ish baits, had loads of fish but never had anything over 13 but did see a 20 and a 16 come out the big pool.

Personally i don't like the place it's too expensive for what it is.

• 4 months later...

I find that the lake with the sheds on is very presesured and gets alot of 'glory hunters' looking for that special fish...the other lake near the rugby pitch is cracking sport in the summer. like a few people have said on the surface is the best or up in the water on zigs, as on the bottom you wil get battered off the crayfish...if you are going to fish the bottom there is a channel that runs top to bottom in the middle of the lake..one thing i have done well with is using a small spod as a float and using a cloudy spod mix...i have caught eassily 30-40 fish in an afternoon... get them feeding and keep the dinner bell ringing