Love the Carp

Hi everyone,

I am moving to the Brisbane area in August from London and would like to continue with my love of Carp fishing with the freedom I have in the uUK and Europe. But I have been reading some disturbing things on carp fishing in Australia, clearly the are many Aussie carp fishermen but it seems to be an underground movement rather than an open hobby, any info forwarded my way would be appreciated. I would also like to make contact with anyone in the Brisbane area who might be interested in meeting up once I have arrived in order to help me find good lakes an make new Fishing buddies.

Thanks

Greg

From what I'd heard, Carp are Vermin in there River systems and are to be killed if caught?

Seen a few programmes on TV they love there Red Fin Stripies (Perch to you & me) but nothing about real freshwater fishing.

Think your better off selling your carp gear & changing to sea fishing, but I could be wrong??

Sir you are coming to a great place.Do not take dumb advice I live in carp paradise in N S W ,dont know about brisbane,but the carp fishing is fab[if you know how].Some of your english methods might not work as well,but you will have a ball.Due to the feeling about the native fish carp are not popular with everybody[ like polititians] but opinion is changing so cheer up,how fortunate you are. tight lines Macbilly

Macbilly,

You are a breath off fresh air, thank god for common sense. Hopefully there are many like minded people in QLD that i will meet up with and I can carry on chasing the big one. Australia is a big place but I have family in Sydney so maybe one day we could share a bank side beer.

Good on yer, as I believe they say down there!

G.

• 3 weeks later...

I have lived in Victoria for the last 3 years or more. I agree what has been said before. Not everyone is anti carp, but it is illegal to put them back in some states. Saying that they slip out of my hands regular.

I don't know a bout Queensland, but there is some amazing fishing over here for carp many other species.

Finding good places to fish, which have not be hammered by the chuck up the bank brigade and then keeping them semi secret is some what the key.

There are beautiful big wild fish out there which have never seen a hook. The waters are just not as well known as the U.k and Europe.

It is exciting stuff though. True pioneering for carp.

Talking makes me want to get my rods back out.

tight lines

stokecarper12

Yoy too my friend, thanks for the info

I will be trying for a 40lber in two weeks so keep you fingers crossed for me, it could be my last chance for a decent Euro carp for a while.

Tight Lines

G

• 1 month later...

G'Day Greg,

If you do mate it to QLD, there will be only limited availability of decent carping. Most of the good fishing is in the southern states associated with murray darling river system and a few other rivers...Definately bring as much gear as you can, but be careful to follow AQIS rules....

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/travel/entering-australia/didymo

There is a burgeoning carp fraternity in Australia so rest assured once here you will have opportunities to catch some amazing fish, in awesome surrounds, with great mates!

Take it easy,

Ben