freezing hemp

joho102

Make sure the hemp is well wrapped as freezers tend to dry things out, this may be what "others" have had happen to them.

Also when fishing, make sure the hemp is just covered in water, any that is sticking out may dry out during the session, even this time of year.

Make sure the hemp is well wrapped as freezers tend to dry things out, this may be what "others" have had happen to them.

Also when fishing, make sure the hemp is just covered in water, any that is sticking out may dry out during the session, even this time of year.

Frozen particles often float until they are properly thawed out. I used to freeze particles in a bag, and have tried to put it in in frozen blocks, it definitely floats :?:oops:

Totally agree about keeping your particles with water over the top though :wink:

thanks very much i have wrapped the hemp in small freezer bags & then in a carrier bag so that should be ok iv been offered anothe 10 kg from a mate but i darent put anymore in freezer my mrs is going mad as it is because iv got more space took up by my gear i darent tell her im going to start making my own boilies as well lol

trust me mate, home rolling bait is nearly a grounds for divorce... especially when monster crab flavouring is used!!

just met my new neighbour -stood there is a carpology hoodie, so i asked him about his carp angling - he does not go any more, it broke him, he just sold the last of his carp fishing gear, got £3000 for it all, only brought it six months ago for £5000! is now a sea angler...

i wished him good day and went inside - he appeared 5mins later with two bags of groundbait/stick mix, and two tubs of home made pop ups with a fruit smelling flavouring - smells like pear drops, well nice they are, he didnt want them so just gave them to me, could i make any use of them? you bet i can!!!

:roll: