travel/telescopic rod

My only experience with telescopes have been the DAM telescoping rods (not my own) and American telescoping carp rods (of which I own 2).

The main problem is that in order to telescope they need a wide butt section to accomadate all of the sections inside when taken down. This makes the rod feel, in my opinion, off balance and awkward.

Now don't get me wrong I like my telecoping broom sticks just fine for short sessions, but they do not offer the finese my dedicatd 2 piece carp rods allow for.

If by stalking you mean get into a swim with minimal gear, fish short session and then get out than these types of rods can be ideal as they allow for great mobility.

Your post makes me think you are looking for more finese and possibly to hold rod in hand. Two things that are hard with the telescoping rods I have used in the past.

I would look in to multipiece rods as a possible compromise. Maybe somone who has used a Fox Trekkr Rod (like 6 or 7 pieces) or a colmic rod (3 pieces) can chime in on heire portability/finese tradeoff.

My only experience with telescopes have been the DAM telescoping rods (not my own) and American telescoping carp rods (of which I own 2).

The main problem is that in order to telescope they need a wide butt section to accomadate all of the sections inside when taken down. This makes the rod feel, in my opinion, off balance and awkward.

Now don't get me wrong I like my telecoping broom sticks just fine for short sessions, but they do not offer the finese my dedicatd 2 piece carp rods allow for.

If by stalking you mean get into a swim with minimal gear, fish short session and then get out than these types of rods can be ideal as they allow for great mobility.

Your post makes me think you are looking for more finese and possibly to hold rod in hand. Two things that are hard with the telescoping rods I have used in the past.

I would look in to multipiece rods as a possible compromise. Maybe somone who has used a Fox Trekkr Rod (like 6 or 7 pieces) or a colmic rod (3 pieces) can chime in on heire portability/finese tradeoff.

This was my take on the question, too.

I'd suggest looking for a suitable multipiece rod, too. I've also seen them described as suitcase rods.

Ian

http://www.dymagtackle.co.uk/site/products/mobile/mobile.htm

not sure if im allowed to post this or not im sure the powers that be will remove it if necessary :wink:

is this the kind of thing your looking for :wink: not sure on the price but a lovely looking bit of kit

Hi, thanks for the advice, yer that is kinda what i am looking for just a nice compact rod, that gunna be able to take the strain of margin work and have a nice action through the rod. I was thinking that a travel rod might be the better option,

what rods would you recommend i look in to?

thanks

Hi

I am looking for a new stalking/travel rod, i am looking for a fairly light TC around 2lb- 2.5lb and a rod that is progessive or through action, for the margin and close in action i will be doing.

Can anyone suggest any decent travel rods or a alternative rod

thanks

I was just updating the Chub rod thread with new specs, and found this:

http://www.chubfishing.com/en-gb/products/rods/rods/outkast-compact/

Any use?

hi

thanks for the replies.

I forgot to mention i only looking to spend under £80 or so.

Yer that chub rod looks alrite, a little bit longer than i am looking for, does it have a through action.

Are there any other travel or stalkering rod that are around 2lb TC and have a nice through action

thanks