Boy catches 37 Lbs Indian Carp.

angler_ali

My son, Shams, joined the big league by landing a brute of Catla, the most sought after Indian Carp. The weight of this carp was 37 lbs.

Here are some pictures of the beauty of a fish.

shamskatla012.jpg

shamskatla018.jpg

shamskatla020.jpg

Here is the link to the video of the fight.

Also link to my PB 50 lbs Catla.

Regards from India.

Ali.

Similar to a simaese Ali. The mouth seems to be slightly different though.

Bet it fought well...what tackle did you catch it n?

The Catla is very similer to Simaese Carp in look but is a diffrent fish altogether. The maximem recorded weight of the Catla is 38.6 Kg. only and the IGFA world record is 15.17 kg (33 lb 7 oz) from Theerasart , Thailand in name of Mr. Jean-Francois Helias, so the above fish and many more caught by me are technically, world record fishes. I have followed your exploites in Thailand, and your Simaese Carp is no meen fish. I target these fishes, and many others, using a home made method feeder, combined with a pop up, critically balanced hair rig. It took me more than two years to crack the code to target these fishes.

Probably a rod and reel cob, but definately NOT a unhooking mat :( nice fish all the same

I appriciate your concern, slimysime but unfortunatly, Here in India, advance Carp asseseries are not available. Any idea, how to make one at home. I tried using Rubber Sheet but it becomes to sllipery to controle the fish. Any advice will be appriciated.

Regards from India.

Ali.

The Catla is very similer to Simaese Carp in look but is a diffrent fish altogether. The maximem recorded weight of the Catla is 38.6 Kg. only and the IGFA world record is 15.17 kg (33 lb 7 oz) from Theerasart , Thailand in name of Mr. Jean-Francois Helias, so the above fish and many more caught by me are technically, world record fishes. I have followed your exploites in Thailand, and your Simaese Carp is no meen fish. I target these fishes, and many others, using a home made method feeder, combined with a pop up, critically balanced hair rig. It took me more than two years to crack the code to target these fishes.

Probably a rod and reel cob, but definately NOT a unhooking mat :( nice fish all the same

I appriciate your concern, slimysime but unfortunatly, Here in India, advance Carp asseseries are not available. Any idea, how to make one at home. I tried using Rubber Sheet but it becomes to sllipery to controle the fish. Any advice will be appriciated.

Regards from India.

Ali.

Mate, i have an old mat in my shed, if you are happy to pm me your address i will send it to you for Free. how about that :wink:

and cracking fish by the way !!

Mate, i have an old mat in my shed, if you are happy to pm me your address i will send it to you for Free. how about that :wink:

Thanks for the generous offer. In exchange, if and when you come to my part of world, please be my guest for some carp fishing and I will try my level best that you catch some good fishes. Once again thank you as this mat will help a lot in releasing these wonderful fishes. PM on the way.

Regards from India.

Ali.

Regards from India.

Ali.

top man vinyl :D

Well done all 'round! That fish reminds me of one of our buffalo fish with a bit of a sneer. Ali, what I've been using for a mat is an old airbed that leaked with 2 layers of baby crib mat beneath it. The smooth side up prevents losing slime and as you say it can be hard to control a fish but with a little attention it's not too bad. A twin size airbed half inflated and upside down might even defeat the control problem..... I think it deserves testing.

Well done all 'round! That fish reminds me of one of our buffalo fish with a bit of a sneer. Ali, what I've been using for a mat is an old airbed that leaked with 2 layers of baby crib mat beneath it. The smooth side up prevents losing slime and as you say it can be hard to control a fish but with a little attention it's not too bad. A twin size airbed half inflated and upside down might even defeat the control problem..... I think it deserves testing.

Will surely give it a try mate.

As for as this fish goes, it is still unknown target umongst anglers world over but for us in India, this fish is a ultimate test.

Regards,

Ali.