Bivvie Lights

Hey guys.

Can anybody reccomend any decent bivvy lights please, ive had a quick search through the internet and am completely confused as to which one to go for. Im hoping not to spend much more than 20 quid if thats possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ross :)

fox halo bivvy lantern looks a good peice of kit mate, i also have one or two cheapy ones of ebay with the magnetic kit to hang it on the bivvy which is good and does the job 8)

I've heard a few bad things about the halo.

Something cheap is all im after to hang from the bivvy, which ones would you recommend?

The misses picked one up from The Range for £7.99 about a month ago. 24 leds, 4 different brightness setting, remote control and it's magnetic, great little light for the money oh and it has red light too

Exactly why I love this forum, someone can always help.

Cheers Mr D, I live near to one of the range shops so will shoot there Tommorow.

Thanks again mate.

Guest Anonymous

I had one when they first came out Bish, I honestly couldn't afford the batteries to run the thing so got rid.

Weighs about the same as a mini too, hopefully the battery life has improved.

Cheers guys, i do use a headtorch for the majority of things, but just getting into this night fishing lark, and this week will be the first night on my own, so when it gets dark early I can whip out a magazine or whatnot under a bivvy light instead of headtorch.

Also the halo, I heard people link them to their alarms, and when they get a line bite the whole bivvy lights up haha.

And as HH said, weigh a tonne and batteries hehe, I just want something small and cheap.

Also I make video blogs, so would be easier to light the bivvy up and film that way instead of bad lighting on the camera with a headtorch.

Thanks again for all the adivice.

Ps, HH, is it safe to use candles whilst drinking Stella?

Bright light in bivvy= flys and getting eaten alive :)

I was going to say that! Other than my headtorch I use a battery powered lantern, bought for next to nowt from a camping shop.

It has four brightness settings and is easy on batteries. It's all I need.

Ian

when it gets dark early I can whip out a magazine or whatnot under a bivvy light instead of headtorch.

It might be better to whip your whatnot out in the dark Ross :o

Maybe I should of made my self a bit more clear there, forgot how dirty minded this forum can be haha :D

Never even give being eaten alive a thought, il stick to the headtorch instead.

Cheers for the help everyone.