How Much??!!

chris71

I went to my local tackle shop today for just one thing, micro swivels, which should have cost me £2.00.

I came out of said tackle shop having spent £80.00, I really must stop doing this. Anyone else?? :shock:

sounds familiar, just back dim the tackle shop, for a pack of fang twisters, spent £60..... Oooops :wink: like a kid in a sweet shop

went into my tackle shop a few weeks ago for some hooks & pva & came out with a new 2 many bivvy, sleeping bag & fleece cover & new tackle box system cost me over £500!!!

went back on the weekend for some boilies & walked out with a new grays food bag & chair setting me back another £90!!

Gotta stay away!

Lol! i know the feeling! the only reason i don't spend a fortune in tackle shop's is because i physically don't have the money!

However i have a cheque clearing soon and all ready have 4 rod's a 5 reel's waiting to be purchased! (only way i can justify it is the rod's are BOGOF and the reel's are dragon carp for a tenner each lol)

this is starting to sound like a group therapy session!

"Hi, my name's Dan, and i have a problem with my tackle...."

I swear, it's an addiction!!

With that comment in mind .... Can I recommend an entirely different therapy :wink:

And yes I too should never be left unsupervised in the shop ...

I go in for one item but get too easily distr..........

Oh look at the shiney things 8)

With that comment in mind .... Can I recommend an entirely different therapy :wink:

And yes I too should never be left unsupervised in the shop ...

I go in for one item but get too easily distr..........

Oh look at the shiney things 8)

Same.

Ian

Same I swear he rubs his hands together when I walk through the door lol

I think most tackle shop owners rub their hands when any avid angler walk's through the door, as they know we just can't help ourselves!

Talking of tackle, does any one know if there are any tackle companies out there that do complete boxes of terminal tackle? I've been looking for a tackle box with all the terminal tackle in it as one package...

You'd be better off getting it all separate a bit at a time that way you can mix and match between brands and what YOU need not what someone else thinks you do and bundled it all together with bits and bobs that you'll probably never use

True, buying it bit by bit will allow me to customise iit and get exactly what i need, but really i need to renew ALL my terminal tackle, bead, stops, rubber, swivel's the lot, even need new bait drill and needle's, i thought it might work out cheaper to buy a box with it all in, rather than bit by bit.

is there anywhere i could buy things like swivels and other bit's in bulk, rather than pack's of ten or twenty etc?

Talking of tackle, does any one know if there are any tackle companies out there that do complete boxes of terminal tackle? I've been looking for a tackle box with all the terminal tackle in it as one package...

have a look on ebay for job lots have seen stuff on there before all korda, gardner and nash stuff worth alook maybe?

have a look on ebay for job lots have seen stuff on there before all korda, gardner and nash stuff worth alook maybe?

Thank's mate, i'll have a butcher's now! :)

i went to the social all packed and ready to go but ended up in yatley angling with the other lads who needed a few things.i didn't really need anything but it came to £28 :roll:

Funny that, when I don't really need anything it often comes to a similar price.

I once went to Jacksons of Arley to buy a new battery for the clock in our caravan. £1-00 maybe? I ended up buying a new awning. £640-00.

Forgot the battery. Honest.

Good awning, though.

Ian