Chum and boilies

Ok so after scouring the forum and interwebs, I came up with these...

A fully cooked blend of sweetcorn, chickpeas, backeyed peas, and Lima beans for particle bait and cinnamon vanilla boilies, dyed red. Well, more pink but whatever.

And no more trebles, went with size 6 octopus hooks.

I figure I'll hand throw out the a few cups of particles, and a few crushed boilies, hair rig a few Lima beans on one rod and a boilie on the other rod.

I'm fishing Griggs Reservoir in Columbus, Ohio this evening. Saw a couple big carp while catfishing a few days ago above the dam.

Thoughts?

• 5 months later...
Ok so after scouring the forum and interwebs, I came up with these...

A fully cooked blend of sweetcorn, chickpeas, backeyed peas, and Lima beans for particle bait and cinnamon vanilla boilies, dyed red. Well, more pink but whatever.

I figure I'll hand throw out the a few cups of particles, and a few crushed boilies, hair rig a few Lima beans on one rod and a boilie on the other rod.

I'm fishing Griggs Reservoir in Columbus, Ohio this evening. Saw a couple big carp while catfishing a few days ago above the dam.

Thoughts?

well that a good thing that will make your life easy on here i think. sounds like you have a plain there on these carp sir so go and get them and let us here about it justcarpn

• 5 years later...

It sometimes (most times) takes a day or so for the carp to find and become comfortable with your chum. That said, you may use more than initially expected. Don't worry, you will be on the right track, just keep chumming your spot, and soon you'll get bites!

• 8 months later...