Testing New Homemade Boillies

panlinea

I don't roll my own boilies, but if I did I would tackle it like this;

Make a few kilo's of them, and every day or every other day, introduce this bait, without putting a line in the water. In theory the carp will eat them and not get hooked as only you've got the bait and you havnt put a hook in the water.

After a week or so, go and do a session on their, and hopefully the car will have the confidence to take your bait, but this time your hook will be in the water and you will have successfully nailed a carp on your bait.

Hope it works for you.

Ross :)

Guest Anonymous

like said just introduce them as much as you can, sometimes a new 'freak' bait will score as much or more than 'the' bait to use, try it mate, espically if your on a pressured water, anything like that can prove to be an edge on other anglers as your bait will be totally differeent to what there using as you've rolled it your self with your own ingredients 8)

I make all my own bait and only started doing it this year and it scored straight away for me and is still ripping the lake apart 8 months on.

The way i see it if its a HNV bait then prebaiting with it will almost certainly work but if the bait has no nutritional value then the fish will recognize this and stear clear of it eventually, but then it depends on stock levels and how much food gets chucked in and how much natrual food there is.

The one thing i will say is it takes ages to clear up the kitchen after and your house will stink for days afterwoods, but if you have the time then i would encourage anyone to give it ago so good luck mate

:D

I remember back in the 90`s when I used to roll all my own bait I could test it quite easily at home without leaving the kitchen.

If the ruddy cat wasnt trying to steal baits drying off DONT use it. :D

Ironically this really did seem to work the stuff the cat refused the fish ignored even after quite a lot of careful prebaiting.

If you plan to pre-bait I would suggest baiting a couple of areas you intend to fish, but also scatter some boilies loosely around the lake.

Doing this means the carp will start coming across the bait in different areas and may begin to treat it in the same way as a 'natural' food source and actively seek it out