This rig, feedback pls

hoodlum

You may want to uncover that swivel a bit. its there to let the rig spin freely. Also with a stiff Flouro or coated braid you need to leave the hinge end (ie the bit that connects to the swivel) free to flip up into the fishes mouth easily and naturally.

I find a ring swivel or looped knot gives it this pivot point.

I cant quite see from the photo whether you have uncovered any of the braid at the hook end too? Most people will strip back a half inch there too...but others will leave this end stiff. Personally I strip back half an inch when using coated braids.

I tend not to feel confident if my hooklink is overburdened with sinkers or shot. Worry that it will stand out too much. If I'm using uncoated braids I tend to rub tungsten putty up and down to add weight. I might be a bit strange with this but you know when you don't feel happy its plays on your mind when you're fishing.

i can see why you have used the rubber over the swivel. you have attached a quick release clip under there and the rubber is to prevent the hook link getting worked around the in-turned portion of the clip. i used to do the same bud, but now use a bit of silicone instead. this doesn't hinder the movement of the swivel.

just another option for you. good luck at sandhurst.

• 2 weeks later...
ccb8158c.jpg

Any feedback on this rig, anything done wrong? anything that could be added (shrink tube maybe) etc

Ta

The acid test is your fishing :!:

If you are hooking fish and landing them then the rig is working. Don't follow the hype about having to use a 360 KD D-rig etc, use what works for you.

There are many people who advocate the palm test or the thumb test, to test the hooking potential of a rig. Some rigs that hook properly and in the right place I know would fail either of these, yet I have caught many carp on them. What and how you feed, how the carp are feeding all will make or break your rigs efficiency or not.