The Syndicate series

ozz770

Hi all,

Im up to part 6 of the "Syndicate series by Mark Cunnington", these books are so addictive , once you start reading you struggle to put them down. So now I only take them when out fishing, the only problem is that I stay up till the early hours reading, (but at least im awake if I get a run) Ha Ha !!!!

The first book was so good I read it all in one night, but I slowed down after that as I felt terrible the following day due to lack of sleep :(

I would reccomend everyone to read these books as they are so real, as to the things we all can relate to while out "Carp Fishing", with many adventures that are not too far from what we all get up to, especially while fishing, with the exception of "The Glock" (read the books to find out)!!!

Like I said im up to part 6 of 7, so ive just ordered "In Persuit Of The Largest - Terry Hearn, to fill the void when im finished pt7.

Definitely well worth reading these wonderfully written & humorous books, especially if you've got a bivvy light and lots of coffee !!!

My rating for The Syndicate Series is 10/10

they are a great read mate and il second your 10/10

I fished in Holland last year we treid absinth for the mind meld moment it doesn't work, but does give you a nasty headache in the morning certinaly not recomend as drink by the lake either :lol:

the forgoton chapters by Gaz Fareham is pretty good read as well, bit chunky to take fishing but its lots of short stories from differant anglers some well known some not as well known and there conquest for certain fish. that way you can read a couple of chapters then get some kip cos the following chapter is a whole new story :wink:

some stunning pictures in there as well

• 1 year later...
Used to love reading Mark Cunningtons "syndicate" series in carpworld, I might have a look for the books, how many is there?

Late reply here but oh well!

There are 7 Syndicate books. Read through them all 3 times now and I have to say not only are they the most enjoyable fishing related books ive ever read but the most enjoyable novel/fiction books ive ever read!

Funny, charming, well written books which have had me belly laughing on many occasion, i'll just say when Rambo has the spat with Spunker it is one of the funniest things ive ever read!

You wont learn much about angling so if thats your main reason for reading stay clear. If you want a great, hilarious, addictive read then look no further. a strong 10/10!

• 2 years later...

Late reply here but oh well!

There are 7 Syndicate books. Read through them all 3 times now and I have to say not only are they the most enjoyable fishing related books ive ever read but the most enjoyable novel/fiction books ive ever read!

Funny, charming, well written books which have had me belly laughing on many occasion, i'll just say when Rambo has the spat with Spunker it is one of the funniest things ive ever read!

You wont learn much about angling so if thats your main reason for reading stay clear. If you want a great, hilarious, addictive read then look no further. a strong 10/10!

I have posted this on the general discussion board, but just to add all The Syndicate books are now available on Kindle and at reduced cost in paperback. Cheers, Mark 

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Guys

I hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes by adding to this thread, but just to let you all know that I am currently writing another Syndicate book. It will be the start of Volume 2 of The Syndicate Series and sees Matt and Rambo now a full decade older. At the moment, I'm looking at a late 2016 publication date.

For those wanting paperbacks of the original series there is a postage free deal on all books for this Christmas. Check out www.carpbooks.co.uk  for details. Hope that's okay. Cheers

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bivvy tramps are a good read as well

got the syndicate series in book form and on my kindle so I can read them anywhere

keith jenkins books are a good read as well 

The myth and the keeper 

also Phil escott illusions of maya

but that is a deep read as it goes past present and future all in the same book 

I found it better than all the others

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I bought all the first 7 about 3 months ago and have nearly finished them and can't recommend them enough. Plenty of good fishing stories with the authors spin on topical subjects that inject a real sense of humour. I don't think that wokeism is coming to the Cunnington household any time soon! The only problem is that to get my Matt and Rambo fix, I'm going to have to buy the sequel book The Black Mirror Cult as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pre-order now! Publication date 5th November, 2022

The Italian's Job 

Six years have gone by since Matt, Rambo and Sylvester uncovered the truth concerning the BMC and with Rambo's son now fast approaching his sixteenth birthday, a special present is required to mark the occasion. The unlikely source who comes up with the answer to where Sylvester's treat will take place is none other than, Pup, the ex-boiliemeister. The four reunite in Italy and all goes well until an unfortunate event leaves our four friends with little option other than to resolve it. As Pup's dodgy business arrangements are laid bare, Matt, Rambo and Sylvester finally realise who they're dealing with - and it's their most dangerous adversary yet.

£14.95 + £2.95 P&P 

Just ordered my copy. I started rereading all the books about a month ago and hope to finish them before it arrives. I had the Site bookmarked for about 2 years before I finally took the plunge and ordered the whole of the first set and the the Black Mirror Cult as I was finishing them. They are as good (if not better!) than other people say.