DRAYTON RES

I hate this place! done my first 24 hour there the other day! Had that many fish it was unbelivable! but so did every1 else! The state of the fish is not a nice sight! it looks nice to fish but with the water being so low at times there were people dragging carp accros the floor to there nets because they were stupid enouth not to take suitable footwear! never thought i would say catching carp is boring but i will never return again! If you wat to catch loads of batterd carp weights between 12 - 20 Ib! Its the place u wanna be! But certinally NOT for me!

drayton res is cool yes granted very easy but the fish arnt that bad!

its a great venue if youve been fishing a hard lake for a while to re hone your tactics on and its great for a laugh me and my mate go at least once every other month and have a personal match with £10 prize money the only problem i have is bivvying up but this time of the year im happy under the stars :shock:

yes see what your saying there well i guess i meant by rehoneing tactics, seeing if they still work for me, i didnt mean id be learning anything new there. but after a month or two of chasing the monsters to no avail its good to bag a few down drayton

anyway why do people think they need to speak bad of drayton as a day ticket water you cant realy get much better its a big water full of growing fish

at least your getting your moneys worth.

i cant help thinking that this thread is full of jealous lake owners and people that are just out of comfortable driving distance for me its a noble, my daughter absolutly loves going i mean a 15lbs carp looks like a 30 to an 8 year old what more do you want from a day ticket :?:

surly nobody classes a day ticket lake as there proper venue if you dont have your selfs at least one sindicate ticket by now you shouldnt realy call your selfs fishermen unless your daft and you like lining somone elses pockets with money on a weekly bassis :roll:

yes see what your saying there well i guess i meant by rehoneing tactics, seeing if they still work for me, i didnt mean id be learning anything new there. but after a month or two of chasing the monsters to no avail then yes its good to bag a few down drayton

anyway why do people think they need to speak bad of drayton as a day ticket water you cant realy get much better its a big water full of growing fish

i cant help thinking that this thread is full of jealous lake owners and people that are just out of comfortable driving distance for me its a noble, my daughter absolutly loves going i mean a 15lbs carp looks like a 30 to an 8 year old what more do you want from a day ticket :?:

surly nobody classes a day ticket lake as there proper venue if you dont have your selfs at least one sindicate ticket by now you shouldnt realy call your selfs fishermen unless your daft and you like lining somone elses pockets with money on a weekly bassis :roll:

sorry to keep adding stuff guys but also in reply to bowzers comment.

when im fishing the big gravel pits around leicester i can go over a week without even a sniff of a fish and every now and again your getting liners and it begs the question is that a fish or is it birds, crays?you just dont know your trying all sorts of complex rigs and leaders and im not 100% if the fish are just doing me, then you get out to drayton and straight the way im getting screamers and no more beeps and liners it puts my mind at ease knowing that my rigs are working straight the way and that, the quiet weeks fishing was because there was simply no fish on my bait.

so to that effect i suppose you can go drayton and learn somthing new :wink:

yes see what your saying there well i guess i meant by rehoneing tactics, seeing if they still work for me, i didnt mean id be learning anything new there. but after a month or two of chasing the monsters to no avail its good to bag a few down drayton

Right, let's get one thing straight.

Your new to this forum so don't go round insulting everyone, it will leave you getting no help and support when you want answers.

Secondly, we have given opinions, we are entitled to them.

I, as many others say that Drayton is just a place to go to bag up which people like to do, which is fair enough, but to make a mess of the fish is just horrible, we all want to catch pleasant, stunning looking carp.

Also, I'm a dummy? I use day ticket waters and get on fine, maybe il find a syndicate next year, but i fish a couple of day ticket waters and happy to catch low to mid double carp, instead if catching the illusive 30. So if me, and many other anglers still enjoy fishing day ticket waters, don't EVER slag people off in that way and try and make us feel small.

Ross

the only thing true about your post is that im new to the forum but i didnt slag you or anyone else off personaly i was just trying to get my point over to help people realize that drayton can be a good lake it was other people slagging the lake off to be honest but if what i said discribed you and in turn offended you personaly then i am truly sorry i am not trying to make any enemies all i can say is, i say as i see things and i take some getting used to but the plus side is you wont find me hanging out of your backside one minute and slaging you off the next as some people can but if we get on ill back you up untill im blue in the face even if it makes me look like a tool.

no hard feeling k :D

the only thing true about your post is that im new to the forum but i didnt slag you or anyone else off personaly i was just trying to get my point over to help people realize that drayton can be a good lake it was other people slagging the lake off to be honest but if what i said discribed you and in turn offended you personaly then i am truly sorry i am not trying to make any enemies all i can say is, i say as i see things and i take some getting used to but the plus side is you wont find me hanging out of your backside one minute and slaging you off the next as some people can but if we get on ill back you up untill im blue in the face even if it makes me look like a tool.

Fair enough then, maybe word things abit different next time :)

Welcome to the forum, Ross :)

Fair enough then, maybe word things abit different next time :)

Welcome to the forum, Ross :)

ok dad will do :lol:

Just rung up this morning to enquire about night fishing. The woman said it works on a first come first serve basis and that gates open from 06:30 am. I was thinking going down friday afternoon after work but as i am coming from sheffield it will be a pointless journey if the 6 places they allow for night fishing are already taken.

I was told that for night fishing you needed to ring up and book???

Just wondered if anyone could confirm any of this??

cheers Ash

• 3 weeks later...