Line grip light hanger or nearly neutral balanced swinger

A million quid to the man who can helpjavascript:emoticon(':D')

I don't want much in lifejavascript:emoticon(':)')

I would just like a hanger around 2 grams or swinger (the swinger must almost neutrally balance and grips the line, do the Fox micro swingers neutrally balance well and can they grip the line??) .

This will allow me to fish running rigs, with a slack line rather than bobbins on the deck.

My syndicate also insists on tubing so even with a running rig and rulke insisted light lead the odd drop back indication is inevitable because of the friction. I may choose to fish fixed or semi fixed rigs near to snags locked up and have still need of good drop back indication and still prefer slack line because the use of back leads interferes so much with drop back indication???..

The defiant heads do that in that the MK11 grips the line but are heavy…..the defiant MK1 are light but don’t grip the line

I have some Gardner nano’s but the line gripin the bug ears seems hopeless because the line just keeps falling out however tight I moved the O rig up. I have even lightly sawed a line in the Bug ear prongs but that soon wore out.

Alternative anyone?

Light hanger or swinger in blue with tight line grip that won’t mean selling the badger reels javascript:emoticon(':D')

I can hear you all thinking Korda Stows……..but I’d rather not, I am no snob but with them you are stuck with the line grip or nothing I beleive .

I use Gardner Micro Grubs and I'm very pleased with the range of grip adjustment that's available via the sliding o-ring arrangement on their line grips.

I also use the matching bobbin supports so there's no need to be grovelling in the mud or stepping on the bobbins.

Works well for me.

Ian

Laughing….wish my first post made more sense. Did it on email then cut it to the forum of my phone.

Welder wish my gardners gripped the line like yours but they won’t and I am sick of messing with them.

Nick…the fox swingers would but ideal and multi use but they don’t have line grip and I like that feature.

Wife wants to buy me something for my birthday so going for korda Stows …eeek! I hear you all say but compared to the original Elstows they do look better made (functionaly) and all other makes stuff fits.

I’ve gone over to the darkside .

It doesn't matter that the defiant MK11 are heavy the way they are designed they can be used for slacklining thats what they were made for. Other than that then its the bugs or muddys.

So do you make the line slack by using a clip on the rod...thus holding the weight or just by laying indicator on the deck? I do like them but for true slack lining a drop back ,which even happens with running leads with tubing (a requirement on the rules of my lake)must be observed in my opinion.

I asked earlier a Fox swingers almost neutraly balanced, just enough bias to add weight, fishing slack lined would be ideal but I dont think they have an option to grip the line...

Hope we can talk about this further?

With a runnin g lead you should never get a drop back the line should always be pulled through the lead even if the fish runs towards you.

The Mkll set up in the figure of s set up with a clip on the rod are perfect slackline indicators. The other option are defiants warlock pendelum indicators which are also designed for slack line fishing, a mate has a set and they are great.

Personally i just use a nice cheap set of nano bugs which do the job for me with 12lb flouro fished as slack as possible.

I think I mentioned earlier I have some nano bugs but struggle to get them to grip the line, they just keep falling off even with o ring pushed up.

Also I do get drop backs with running rigs accaisionaly because where only allowed to use light leads and have to use tubing. Even with big rings the tubing causes some restistance.