lakemore fisheries

i watched a program called dean macey, and they were fishing for catfish,

they were fishing really tight to islands and far bank, they were using a bait boat, but not with a lot of bait, agood pva bag would work i would have thought,

also considering they were fishing in summer.

so you dont need as much bait,

i have caught so many fish on the smallest of pva bags even in quite large lakes.

hope this helps.

I saw that Dean macey program, not sure on how it fishes but just try a different method on each rod then you can cover all the angles. If one method starts to produce and the other isn't doing nothing, then switch the other rod over to the method that is working.

This is the lake i'm looking to trying this year sometime. Let me know how you go on.

heard of another in stoke barthomley fisheries some high 30's in loadsa 20's not many below 10

Never heard of this place, where about is it?....is it day ticket?

Its abit to stirct for me too as you just want to fish and not get distruded with reeling in the rods when they have just settled.

barthomley is day ticket yes mate if you head up to end of a500 to little chef on roundabout head up next to it towards alsager when you get to the top where traffic lights are turn left go along for 2 miles (or there about) and you will come to a sharp right hander with the signs pointing right 20 yds more and then turn first left along a little country lane over a hump back bridge as soon as your off the bridge turn a sharp right along through some fields next to the train tracks and you will see the pool's you want the top one set back abit you can drive to your swim looks a bit of a strange place but i'm assured there is some massive fish and it's easy fishing i spoke to a guy fishing it yesterday and he had a 25 while i was there and he said it was his 9th over 20 in about 8 hours think it's about £20 for 24 hours i'm fishing it first weekend in febuary for the night

no sorry mate it's dead easy to find left at lights find sharp right hander with signs left hump back bridge right

doesnt look much but i seen some good fish moving around as well it seems to be loaded cant wait for febuary my self

Cheers alanthehunter, i'm sure i'll find it easy enough. I'll have to go see it next weekend as this weekedn i'm off to Merrington with me old man for three days.

£600 is alot of for the lake. How big do the fish get up to in the private lake?

• 2 years later...
has anyone fished lakemore near stoke how's it fishing? and what's the best way to fish it?

yh fished it other week had a 35 pound cat and a 23 cat lost fair few

if u can try get on 5 or 6 on horseshoe

4 is a good peg though on its day and 7 is quality for carp you will pik up a few cats a well like so best of luck anyways

• 2 months later...

hi guys... just to clear this up.....

i fish lakemore quite often have caught carp to 27lb and cats to 45lb and have to say something as some of the above comments are just rubbish...

there isnt people walkin round at 2 in the morning rig checking.

the truth is the fishery is quite strict on sum things.. i.e. no alcohol, litter, noise and large landing nets/ unhooking mats etc... but these are in the interests of the fish (which go to 75lb) so any true fisherman will not mind these rules. Who wants to see messed up idiots tryin to landing 30lb carp in little landing nets, no unhookin mats an doin things like standing up holding fish for a photo?

lakemore is without doubt the best catfish/carp fishery in the northwest in terms of scenery, peg layout facilities and of course big fish

The only people i can see having gripes with this fishery are the guys who turn up with argos tackle, sit round gettin drunk an try havin a party.

Well while these kind of idiots decide not to fish lakemore because its too strict, i will be quite happy sat in my peg catching big fish undisturbed!

TC

• 4 weeks later...

hi folks,18months ago i fished Lakemore and had a disastrous session i snapped a rod through my own stupidity the weather was not exactly ideal with torrential rain and wind and because of these conditions and the rod snapping i wrote some very harsh comments about Lakemore which on hindsight i later regreted ive been back to Lakemore a couple of times to see Mark the bailiff but unfortunately he has not been thier,The lakes are absolutely picturesque with the kind of features that scream carp/catfish,the 24hrs that i did fish thier i had no one come check my rigs in the early hours and if they had i would not have been bothered.I believe that rules on a fishery are thier for the safety and well being of the fish that reside in the waters and if some of the rules seem harsh then take the time to think why they are in place. I agree with TOPCAT i dont want to be fishing in a peg next to a load of messed up doped up weekend wallies, i take my carp angling seriously and will adhere to any rules that the fishery impose and if you are breaking the rules then you are endangering the carp/catfish that you supposedly care about.ON a different note if the bailiff of Lakemore does read this i would like to sincerely apologies to him about the comments i wrote they where totally uncalled for :cry:

hi guys... just to clear this up.....

i fish lakemore quite often have caught carp to 27lb and cats to 45lb and have to say something as some of the above comments are just rubbish...

there isnt people walkin round at 2 in the morning rig checking.

the truth is the fishery is quite strict on sum things.. i.e. no alcohol, litter, noise and large landing nets/ unhooking mats etc... but these are in the interests of the fish (which go to 75lb) so any true fisherman will not mind these rules. Who wants to see messed up idiots tryin to landing 30lb carp in little landing nets, no unhookin mats an doin things like standing up holding fish for a photo?

lakemore is without doubt the best catfish/carp fishery in the northwest in terms of scenery, peg layout facilities and of course big fish

The only people i can see having gripes with this fishery are the guys who turn up with argos tackle, sit round gettin drunk an try havin a party.

Well while these kind of idiots decide not to fish lakemore because its too strict, i will be quite happy sat in my peg catching big fish undisturbed!

TC

:cry:

• 2 years later...

you cant cross lines when you cast, and ther not that small, funny me and my friends have had a few cats to 57pound and we have never took enyones lines out i think you may of gone a bit over the top ther pal. Thers many professional catfisherman that visit lakemore. and hes only strict when he doesn't no ur face he's just looking after his fish, once he no's your face he's a sound guy. he runs that place properly only lets so many on at knight and shuts pegs so ur logal idiot cant cast in your swim, and switche's the pegs he shuts to stop the fish holding up in the same swims,