Pendle View Fishery

Found this fishery on the net, never came accross it before. Looks pretty good and apparently its been taken over by new owners. I have been on the website but their is not MUCH info on their and the contact email doesnt seem to work for me? Does anyone have one that does work. Also has anyone got any tips for it like which are the best pegs etc? Their will be three of us fishing it in the first week of August and obviously i know the pegs depend on the weather, wind etc but as an overall peg do you know which one will be good to book? Also anything else you might want to tell me about this fishery? Cheers!

01254 822208 thats the number for pendle view, this is my local fishery i no pegs 80-82 are meant to be quite good, as for baits try 1 peice of sweetcorn and a peice of plastic sweetcorn and zig rigs work quite well ....... there has been quite a few fish out recently but i have to say though it is a hard water to fish ive seen alot of people go on for a week and blanked in middle of july lol i would say keep it simple dont hammer the bait in because thats what everyone does a pva bag would be ample ... hope this helps

dan.

Thanks mate, ive rang up and he was saying pegs 32 and 62 are good if its hot weather? I dont use a spod anyway, not my style, I use pva bags all the time though! It seems pretty strict on rules? also... whats that rule on about where it wais if you catch a carp over 19lb you have to go and get a bailif? Do you have to? Id rather just catch, take a photo and put it back in asap without sacking. Cheers mate

god nows lol havent seen that one before bud, it all depends on what weather is like dont it but i no dave ... and dave who own it are really helpfull and will point you in the right direction when you get there as to which pegs are producing and what on pal

dan.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from doing a 48 hr session there........ Blanked lol.

It is a good water though....The rule about the bailiff is if you want the catch photographed or recorded then you can ring them and they'll come over and do it for you.....Handy if your by yourself but you dont have to if you dont want to.

Everything that was caught in the last 48 hrs (including a 36 lb mirror) was caught from the shallow end of the lake. I was up the other end of course and everyone around me blanked as well.

From what I picked up from a few of the local lads and the Bloke who runs it (very nice fella by the way) is pretty much as has already been said ....... Dont pile the bait in, it kills your swim apparently, little PVA bags and single Boilie hookbaits seem to be the ticket.....And apparently the fish really do follow the wind on this lake.

Ive booked another session for 3 weeks time on there. Was well impressed witht the place and the blank has just made me more determined to figure the place out lol............

Graham

Thanks alot for that mate, as soon as I seen 'blanked' I laughed out loud literally. Im going in August for a week the 1st week, all booked and paid for! Looking forward to it. Pegs 80 87/88 He said if their are better pegs at the time then he will put us somewhere better I dont know if this is the deep end of shallow end? Any more tips would be very useful. Thanks again!!

Thanks alot for that mate, as soon as I seen 'blanked' I laughed out loud literally. Im going in August for a week the 1st week, all booked and paid for! Looking forward to it. Pegs 80 87/88 He said if their are better pegs at the time then he will put us somewhere better I dont know if this is the deep end of shallow end? Any more tips would be very useful. Thanks again!!

Its the deep end mate...... There really arnt any bad pegs though.....It depends on the wind direction from what Im told, And like I said, I was on the wrong end of the wind on my session and everything was caught by those at the other end. The only other thing I was told by the locals was that if its clear and sunny, then zigs fished about a foot from the surface work well on there, I never got a chance to try this though as it teemed down the whole time I was there :lol: . I'll let you know how I get on the next session in a couple of weeks mate or if I pick anything else up off the local lads.

Graham

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...