Blue Pool Telford!!

No never fished it cause of rumours car being damaged locals causing trouble i have walked round it loads tho seem cracking and to be honest recently i have not heard a bad thing about it so i might have to do a night or 2 on their soon !!

Hmmm I no wher you cumin from bout the rumours cus i'v been told loads but they seem to all b from few years back. I'v been fishin ther for over a year now and never cum across any trouble. Ya cud say it's the same wher ever ya go, hit an miss. To me it's a cracking lil pool and I fink ther a few hidden gems in ther aswell :wink: defo worth ago

• 10 months later...
Is it true there getting rid of blue pool? due to the building of the houses nearby or is it just rubbish? Just someone was telling me last summer when i was fishing it

i think it is mate by what i was told there were some plans on display at the town center and it shows half the blue being filled in and built on and its going to happen in about 3 years time. But this info is only what i'v been told so this might not be true but alot of people have told me things along the same lines.

Hi all I live in Telford and would be well up for a social on the blue it would be good to put faces to names and to talk to like minded carpers in the area. I have fished it before a while back when I first moved to the area but some kids decided to go for a swim right over where i was fishing needless to say I blanked that day. I have walked around it a few times and seen some nice big dark fish mooching around but as i fish on my own a fair bit have been put off by some of the tales the locals tell you and some of the previous posts on here a shame really as the blue screams potential and if more people start putting the bait in they are only going to get bigger. :D

i'm not saying the blue ain't dodgy at night but i'v night fished it quite a few times without any trouble, i sometimes wonder if other carpers make up these little stories to scare others from fishing it but then again i could be wrong. :?
The lad in rod and gun was gutted mate so dont think that tale was made up. Over the years lots of problems up there, a disabled lad had 1000s worth nicked out his car a big thread on here about that one as well as reports in the press. Mate of mine had his lap top nicked out his bivvy after a few rocks chucked at his bivvy he legged some lads up the silkin way but obviously a diversion and some other twat has his laptop. Ive been shot at with air rifles while fishing with my lad a few years back. Was fishing the cliff side one day when half a house brick landed 3ft away from me in the margins, dont think i would be here now if the daft little sods had actually managed to hit me with it. I dont fish the place now so perhaps some of the scum bag crack heads from up randley have moved away but it will never be a 100% place to fish safely at night

I went down the other day while it was hot to have a look. Couple of lads i know were there havin a drink enjoyin the sun. 2 other guys were feeder fishin n was told they didnt have much luck. Unless u know the little moochers around here u aint 100% safe up there at night. You'd be suprised what goes on in them woods at the side not far from the road.

And i would never ever EVER leave my car on that car park no matter what , even during the day

• 3 weeks later...

They are no longer going to touch the Blue. Under the new proposals the houses will be built on the current car park and beside the Holiday Inn. A small car park will be put at the end for anglers. Work wont begin for 2-3 years tho.

With regards Randlay and Withy. The Withy wont be touched. But it looks like water of the new roads will be run into Randlay.

Main reason they don't want to touch the blue anymore is because it doesn't have an inlet or outlet and they don't wont to disturb the balance of the lake. Which could cause it to drain or flood. Seems the environment agency and Wildlife folks kicked up about it and they backed down.

Info thanks to my mate James, he went to a meeting about the project last week and just got round to telling me.

Maybe once they've finished it'll be safe enough to leave our cars there. Or is that asking too much.