May 2011 catch reports.

coops_northants

Well in Kev, that iland has some lumps in it dont it. The big girl just keeps growing too. 4th or 5th time out this year that one already. i remember it once getting caught at least 3 times in 24 hours, loves its carp sweets. :lol::lol:

Beanz thats a proper carp that one mate, top stuff.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in Kev, that iland has some lumps in it dont it. The big girl just keeps growing too. 4th or 5th time out this year that one already. i remember it once getting caught at least 3 times in 24 hours, loves its carp sweets. :lol::lol:

I'm surprised anything gets caught tbh - never seen so much natural food. When I bought in the only rod that didn't go off it had a little silk weed on it and so many shrimp and baby mussels that you could see nothing else - incredible carp soup!

No wonder they keep on growing and surprising they eat bait at all! :D On top of that the caddis have been hatching over the past few weeks.

Guest Anonymous

Some cracking carp being caught, well in guys.

After the fish started spawning early my syndi was closed for 4 weeks. Nice to hit some different lakes (even had a 7 fish haul on a 48 hour at weeley)

Well, my lake opened up again tuesday so a few nights were in order.

A cracking few nights,7 fish. Including the biggy. Spawned out down to 35lb but what a fight!

Heres 3 of my favourites from this week.

Around 12lb

P1060118.jpg

18lb

P1060130.jpg

35lb

P1060166.jpg

I'm surprised anything gets caught tbh - never seen so much natural food. When I bought in the only rod that didn't go off it had a little silk weed on it and so many shrimp and baby mussels that you could see nothing else - incredible carp soup!

No wonder they keep on growing and surprising they eat bait at all! :D On top of that the caddis have been hatching over the past few weeks.

Your not wrong there Kev, the caddis get in your bed and everything... :lol:

Had a right result myself, one off my wish list The half Lin' at 28lb+

Half%20Linear%2028lb%2015oz%2023.05.11%20Island%20002.jpg

Half%20Linear%2028lb%2015oz%2023.05.11%20Island%20003.jpg

Followed by Patch Common at 29lb+

Swirlybob%20Common%2029%2011oz%2023.05.11%20Island%20006.jpg

Braved 30mph winds in the face as I set up on the end of it, more than worth it though for these, also bagged a stockie at 9lb+ and lost one. All bagged on DSM, still looks and smells good even when it's excremented on your unhooking mat. :lol:

Belters there Bob. Proper result mate glad to see your having some fish out. Dan your having a good season do far regular catches. I moved swims at 3am and broke the ARM on my barrow and tipped all the gear on the floor breaking my spod reel in the process. Good times, I might even get fishing soon.