fishing the riddings

Hi guys fishing ridding peg 6 on the carp pool any tips or edvice welcome im told my pegpeg has two islands??

cheers[/i]

Hi bud,

Its not an easy venue mate so dont go thinking your going to bag up. Thankfully i have always done ok down there. my advice to on peg 6 is to 1 rod with a stringer to a hole in the reed bed to the front of the island on your right and a second rod same method to the back of the island on your right fishing it locked up. get a good drop as close to reed beds as possible and leave it alone, dont pile the bait in as they dont respond to it.

If you have a threed rod then put this 1 to the reed bed in front of you to the left fish it short hook links and use sweetcorn on this 1.

hope it helps mate as there some stunning carp in there upto 30 but the so called forty has'nt been out in 10 yrs or so let alone seen in that time.

Cheers for advice lads maggots didnt work for me this time but csi boilles did had one twenty at start of session in the hole by the islands before the flock of diving ducks moved intopp the swim ducks diving 20 at a time clearing all my bait and everyone elses need too sort this problem out before i go back good fishery before they moved in.

• 7 months later...

I live in the village just round the corner and know some of the owners relatives and locals who have fished there since the begining.

The reason for the ducks..White bread..Small ball (bit bigger than a marble) compressed and then fluffed around the edges on your hook for fishing on the bottom.

Floating bread on the top when they are up there in summer.

If you know the area. First go up boot hill towards baddesley ensor village. Left down maypole lane there is a small bakery attached to a house.

One of their fresh loaves or good old warburtons thick sliced work a treat.

Peachy