Free lining bread on the surface

hookedoncarp

Hi All,

For a while now ive been thinking about all the fish i see swimming around on the surface when im fishing (on the bottom). So i was thinking of setting a rod up for a bit of surface fishing, i am thinking of tying a hook straight to my mainline and freelining some bread off the surface. Has anyone had much luck with this method? If so i think at the very least itll give me something to do whilst waiting for the alarms to sound.

I love this method and in high summer it accounts for some great catches and quick action. last summer I put the bread encased hook in some PVA mesh with a bit of gravel to be able to get distance and control on the cast. I thought it would spook the fish but they barely noticed!

I love this method and in high summer it accounts for some great catches and quick action. last summer I put the bread encased hook in some PVA mesh with a bit of gravel to be able to get distance and control on the cast. I thought it would spook the fish but they barely noticed!

Good Idea that mate.........

do a search for Magic Bread

:)

love it

Bowza

Shocker! I love it, got me quite exited that has. Do you know where to purchase this product?

just checked ebay , you can get it for about 4 quid, all different colours and flavours.

im gonna have some fun with this stuff :D

do a search for Magic Bread

:)

love it

Bowza

Shocker! I love it, got me quite exited that has. Do you know where to purchase this product?

just checked ebay , you can get it for about 4 quid, all different colours and flavours.

im gonna have some fun with this stuff :D

Good lad, im getting on it. Got sooo many ideas for using it! sweet. :)