If someone new to carp fishing ??

dannyash

Hey guys, just getting back into my carping after 3-4 years, was at school and hardley any money to continue the sport, secured an apprenticeship so I can start my carp fishing again, in your opinion what would be the golden rule or tip in carp fishing to improve success :) cheers

Guest Anonymous

Go out and catch carp for a few years, don't destroy your soul by chasing certain fish in low stock waters until you're ready for it.

Pick a decent club, use simple rigs, decent bait (doesn't have to cost loads) and enjoy your fishing.

Go out and catch carp for a few years, don't destroy your soul by chasing certain fish in low stock waters until you're ready for it.

Conversely, don't go somewhere to easy, as you'll soon get bored, try to find a regular fishery too suit your ability.

A good stocking density for runs and beginning specimen carp fishing IMO would be in the region of 20-30 carp per acre, with a good mixture of sizes from 10-25lbs.

But I would to ensure your learning of the fishes behaviour, choose a fishery not to small (min 3 acres) and with loads of features, its more important to learn about your quarry than just how to empty one venue. :wink:

Buy everything Korda make, only use boilies from Mainline and try and cast as far as possible.

Get a credit card and get into debt to buy the best kit money can buy, you can always sell it after your first blank session.

Good luck :wink:

Fish for anything, not just carp. Get your watercraft skills up to mspeed before trying to catch carp and nothing else. Enjoy catching anything first. Have 1 rod out for carp whilst noddying for anything, this will get youir fish nadling skills up to speed, you will be learning all the time and have the chance fo a carp too.

The golden rule is......enjoy yourself!

Fish for anything, not just carp. Get your watercraft skills up to mspeed before trying to catch carp and nothing else. Enjoy catching anything first. Have 1 rod out for carp whilst noddying for anything, this will get youir fish nadling skills up to speed, you will be learning all the time and have the chance fo a carp too.

Nice typo :lol:

I somehow think you mean handling :wink::lol::lol:

I thought nadling was the same as tickling the fish out :wink::P

its more important to learn about your quarry than just how to empty one venue.

Seriously, joking aside, I think the above quotes cover it nicely :wink: