Getting creative (at last!)

hopefull

Hopeful the 30" and 20" i understand they are duration of time, but what length of time is 1"

thanks

Bowza

1" would refer to 1 second mate. In the media-type notation I've been taught & use, hours are denoted by ', and minutes by ". So, 2 hours and 34 minutes would be 2'34". Video time-code is different, running on an 00:00:00:00 format, with hours, minutes, seconds & frames (normally 25 frames per second for UK).

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5136/5432338924_f8e7f06bb2_z.jpg

How did you manage to get everyone with motion blur (have no idea if thats what its called, but you know what I mean) except two people ?....... Some excellent shots here lads.......Some really talented lads on here.......

I didn't meant to get the chap on the left in focus, so a slight mess-up there! I just set the focus point to the central one, and kept the aperture wide open with a high shutter speed to control the depth of field.

Hope no-one minds me jumping in here....... This is my first attempt at photography with a decent camera, and trying to take pics other than just snapshots........Feel free to laugh,,, Give advice,,, tell me where Im going wrong etc.......

I bought the camera for my other half but I reckon I could get into this mind :lol::lol:

Shields24may2011029.jpg

Shields24may2011119.jpg

Oo sorry there a bit big arnt they....

Nice use of differential focus on those mate; you're drawing attention to certain parts of the image well.

I treated myself to a 50mm F1.8 prime lens yesterday, so here's a couple I've managed whilst playing around with it. I've done a few portraits with it too, and it's blooming lovely :D

248466_10150196927639831_698959830_6716410_869784_n.jpg

252394_10150196063004831_698959830_6708068_3182741_n.jpg

Nice use of differential focus on those mate; you're drawing attention to certain parts of the image well

Yeah I thought that ......At least I would have done if I knew what you where talking about :shock::shock::lol:

Havent got a clue what I was doing really,,,,,

Nice use of differential focus on those mate; you're drawing attention to certain parts of the image well

Yeah I thought that ......At least I would have done if I knew what you where talking about :shock::shock::lol:

Havent got a clue what I was doing really,,,,,

I was on about how you had certain bits of the shot in focus, to draw attention to them, such as the big metal loop thingy, whilst the rest was out of focus.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...