Bradmoor, Swaffham, Norfolk

Cracking little venue. Joined last june. Had a 30 (that one <-) Made my season. They get caught a lot off the top. Cell seems to be the boilie though i fished the method all year with corn.

Did go down there today and it looked bleak, roll on april when they start on the top again. It was half frozen.

Cheers for the info pearbo! ill look forward to seeing you down there at some point :). do you ever fish the 1st lake, the weedy one? do you know what the stock levels are on there mate? Cos i know the 2nd lake gets rammed in summer, and i know i will be doing about 1 weekend in 3, and i will be getting down there about 3ish on fridays. think i will get a swim on 2nd lake?

To be fair i only got the day ticket for 35 quid. It can get busy on Fridays but there are a lot of productive swims and the regulars tend to group together for a chat, (god knows why). You should be ok getting down the around 3 anyway. I like to fish the margins and had both my better fish from them but as i said a lot get caught from the top, especially at the wood end of pit 2, it is a lot deeper at the wood end but they do like mixers and bread up there. You Will often see the big ghostie in pit 2 swimming around the top with a couple of mates and it has been taken on bread before. I had it off the bottom and would dearly like to have its mate this spring.

The car park swims are always popoular but i never had a go in them last year, they always fish the bar that runs down between the islands.

As for pit one it is really an untapped jewel. If you can find them there are some nice fish in there. They lost 'the slag' last year when she was around 31lb. There is a ghostie around 23-24lb in there and it tends to give away the presence of the others, You can really get lost on this lake as there is very little carp pressure. The father in law did catch a lovely 25-2 mirror off a little clear patch (only fishing evenings) last year. Now christened 'Alan the Cowboy'. (From Simpsons)

As for stock levels, i would say probably 250 in pit 2 and its anybodies guess in pit 1. But don't quote me

Yeah no doubt il have a crack down there. They have actually had 2 30s now out of pit two. Maybe 3 but not sure. I know the ghostie came out at 33 something in the autumn. There are 4 or 5 fish around the 28lb mark as well so there is plenty to go at, especially for the money. There are rumours of a monster in pit 1 but arn't there always.

By the way what ever you do make sure you take mossie spray. It is like getting attacked by the luftwaffe down there in the summer evenings. Make sure you don't leave rods fishing or litter either as they are pretty sharp with the rules (not always a bad thing). I would also suggest taking advantage of the micro barb prefered rule as i lost my first two hooked from there on barbless, one of which felt like a goodun. Could just be my ability :lol:

Other than that good angling.

70 for nights and 35 for days. Ive paid that for one night at bluebell (and caught 18 bream) so its good value. There are also double bream and nice tench in bradmoor if your inclined to go for them. Pit one has got some pike in too which have some good potential

I didn't fish it much, 1 evening a week from june till early septemeber and i had an 8,9,10,10,13,13,15,22.04,30.13

So guessing around 15 or 16lb. They did put 14 more in around the 8-12lb mark and think i had at least two of these 'mug fish'. One bloke who fishes it a lot has 6 28lbers (5 different fish) There does seem to be quite a few low 20s.

Depends what your after. Its not what id call a runs water but if all you want is the odd 20 with a chance of a 30 then it will probably do. Plus its a lovely looking water.

• 3 months later...

How longs a piece oif string.....

2 rods

no nuts

no unattended rods

no spodding november to may (i think)

max lead size 3oz

no being a general pain (not technically a rule but a worthy point)

There are more but cant think of them off hand

• 2 months later...