Korda?

dale_carp

I wasn't quibbling with the statement as a descriptive comment on 'what is', I took issue with the implication that child labour was normatively desirable. Worse still that the justification for this was predicated upon the assertion that if we do not buy such goods the life for the child labourers would be worse, and in turn they must support the status quo. Recent campaigns (much publicised) about the exploitation of overseas child labour (and workers in general) resulted in much heralded backtracking from multinational corporations and reforms of their practices. In other words, the jobs don't go, the conditions improve!

Fair enough - certainly I did not intend to suggest that child labour is a good thing.

Worth considering though - In this country we had a lot of campaigning to improve conditions for workers in general (it's really not so long since we had children working in sweat shops right here). Jobs were lost in the long term, make no mistake. They disappeared wholesale. Equally undoubted is that the countries which picked up those jobs are those with less scrupulous views on workers rights, health and safety etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the saga goes on.

Their lead clips and tail rubbers are one of the few things I have continued to use when necessary, as they always seemed to be reliable.

I bought some to take away to the Ebro with me last week. I noticed that they've changed the plastic on them from when I used to use them...it seems...I don't know...cheaper??? its more rigid and accepts the swivel less easily.

First cast (6 oz lead), snap! off it broke on impact with the water. Hmmm that's odd I thought. I did it another twice during the trip. I used to use them regularly a few years back- but they seem to have changed them.

Another fail Danny!

Guest Anonymous

lets just remind ourselves, your all bickering over a few peices of rubber and plastic!!! It doesnt matter what name it has on it !!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::lol::lol::lol::roll::roll: Sorry guys but only if you listened to yourselfs :D

lets just remind ourselves, your all bickering over a few peices of rubber and plastic!!! It doesnt matter what name it has on it !!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::lol::lol::lol::roll::roll: Sorry guys but only if you listened to yourselfs :D

Not being funny Bish- but that's kind of what forums are about. People talking about stuff.

Would you rather that people don't post real opinions and we all just buy into the rubbish that tackle companies pay their sponsored anglers to continue to punt even though they know its rubbish.

Yes we are all bickering about pieces of plastic- if you're not bothered- don't

read the post or go on a different forum and discuss something meaningful

like religion or world politics.

Aplogies for the rant. :wink:

yeh just this second finished

yeah, I recorded it, Waterloo Rd. takes priority on this one.

Back to hooks......... I do find this incredibly odd, as not many people ever seem to have a good word about Korda hooks, all stating the same flaws, if you will.

But, at the other end of the scale, I've read that the world record 99lb carp, "scar", was caught on a size 8 Korda wide gape :shock::shock::shock:

watched it this morning.

tbh I cannot see how ANY hook can do this on the face of it. Take a kamasan size 6 (99p for 10). How much weight would be required on the bend of the hook to do this?

I dunno the answer, but I am confident that my hooklink would be broken before the hook opened this way!

Only way I can see it happening is if the hookpoint does not penetrate and the force is directly applied across the gape.

Could be the hook is blunt and does not penetrate past the barb, or the rig mechanics are wrong, but I really cannot see how the wire strength can be the problem. Pure guesswork, but I would bet on that hook holding 50lb if suspended properly in the bend of the hook.

I am quibbling over details for sure, but it is the details that matter in this kind of thing.

I was happy using Korda hooks till I went to gillhams for the first time a few years back. I had loads open up on me that trip and whilst the fish there are much bigger and much harder fighting than our uk fish...it did make me think that should I hook that elusive biggy back home and lose it at the net through a hook straightening I would never forgive myself...so I ditched them.

Guest Anonymous

I didnt mean to come across as sarcastic has you expresssed cobelyn!!. Firstly though, i agree with most people on here mate. Danny Fairbrass, Im not jealous of his position but i do envy it!! :D Secondly, The guy is trying to make a living, my dad works as a fireman and this guy promotes leadclips and hooks. What do they have in common?? I know, there doing their job and earning money!!. At the end of the day its just a few chunks of tubing and plastic!

Carp fishing aint about what brand and what colour you gear is, it's about having a laugh with your mates and being on the bank catching some beatifall creatures!! Chill out and live a little :D

Edited to remove swearing and inferred swearing

Don't do it again

for me, korda has turned from an innovative company looking for new ideas, to a money making machine that will source the cheapest components and sell the finished product for unreasonable prices. I used to really like korda products, and i still would happily use most of them although i wouldn’t buy them.

if you look at their new releases recently, the 'krusha' has been around for years in other past times :roll: but now korda have used it to crunch baits, they can sell it for silly amounts of money and get away with it, another one is the new pva bags with the 'new filling system', which basically equates to some pva bags and a piece of bendy plastic, not innovative at all, literally, anyone could come up with that! my personal favourite is the 'kaptor' hooks, i work in a tackle shop and the amount of people who buy these hooks because they are in a new little box and have little green things on the points is staggering, at 4.99 a pop for ten hooks that’s just shocking!!!

so my view on mr fairbrass and korda is a simple one, they started out making good tackle and looking for new ways to improve, but once they realised how there was a gap in the market, quality and value for money were soon compromised at the expense of the everyday angler which lost them a lot of respect from alot of people in the angling trade.

I didnt mean to come across as sarcastic has you expresssed cobelyn!!. Firstly though, i agree with most people on here mate. Danny Fairbrass, Im not jealous of his position but i do envy it!! :D Secondly, The guy is trying to make a living, my dad works as a fireman and this guy promotes leadclips and hooks. What do they have in common?? I know, there doing their job and earning money!!. At the end of the day its just a few chunks of tubing and plastic!

Carp fishing aint about what brand and what colour you gear is, it's about having a laugh with your mates and being on the bank catching some beatifall creatures!! Chill out and live a little :D

think you need to chill out abit, everyone is entitled to there own opinion on how well tackle items work.

im pretty sure everyone does enjoy there time on the bank, but would enjoy it better knowing there tackle is as good as it can be. :wink:

Having worked with a few of the boys who are now at Korda (and Guru), you have to admire the marketing of the brand; as in many industries there will also be one or two companies who, whether you agree with their business philosophies or not, will be much more successful than others.

Whether Korda kit is the best is beside the point; as with any form of consumerism, it's down to supply and demand and if you can create the demand (and subsequently carefully manage the supply of that demand) then you're onto a winner, as Korda has proven thanks to excellent brand identity, 'innovation' at the right time, association with key brands like Daiwa, and by producing novelty products such as the underwater DVDs that hadn't been done in that format before. Now they're doing tackle insurance, which I'm sure will be a success for them. Fair play to them for taking things up a notch or two - this industry needs a shot in the arm all too often IMO.....

I have edited a post or 2 on this latest.

Posts with swearing, actual or inferred, asterisks to replace words, insults etc will be removed, and the member who posted them will be banned.

I'm NOT going to keep on giving warnings.

Please have a very good read of this:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47540

I have edited a post or 2 on this latest.

May be its time you blocked this topic its boring repeat same old rubbish by the same people that just hate korda, the mans done well for himself and you cant knock any off the marketing team they are top notch what we think about them as indviduals is different story..... Get over it, Move on and stop bickering :lol::lol::lol: