Reels

macbilly

Got to do it,have always used Mitchell reels some good[french] some awfull [korean]. Time for a change, small with a good drag system.There are heaps of cheap reels but ?So i would like some advice,practical experience, of you favourite would be most interesting. Happy fishing year to you all . MACBILLY

I would defentily go the shimano gt baitrunner the new or older models. The double handled ones been the better reels. More ball bearings etc.

You can pick up quite cheap older ones from ebay. I bought 2 8010 gt shimano baitrunners, to bring over to ozz and they are still lasting well.

The bigger size gives you more scope for casting or putting heavier line on for those snaggier rivers.

Mitchells are great reels, i still have a few, good reliable reels are quite easy to get nowadays. Anything from shakespeare, shimano is a good way to go.

I have settled on shimano aftrer buying 2 sets of cheaper reels i brought 6000gte's which are great reels but last year found a set of 8000xte-a 's

second hand and mint the differance is amazing they are so smooth .

One of my old customers once said to me what ever you buy get at least one model up from what you think you need and generally you will be happier with your purchase .