Carlton Meres Country Park, Suffolk

g_lamb

Hi chaps and chapesses

Have got a weekend lined up at Carlton Meres Country Park next weekend

Anyone know anything about the place i.e. size of the lake, the fishing rules, tactics/bait that work well, swims that do well?

I've had a look around t'internet but can't find anything about the place at all...

Any help really appreciated

Thx

Greg

• 11 years later...

I fished it two years ago ,really full of weed so not good for the beginner carp fisherman ,saw lots of reasonable carp in there ,but not easy to catch ,but nice camp and lakes look nice .

if its now £20 a day to fish thats a shame as greed has taken over by the owners,worth the £10 when i fished it,i was going back this year but im not funding greedy owners .

• 4 weeks later...

ive fished it on two holidays ,im an experienced carp fisherman ,but was frustrated by the massive amount of weed ,they tried to clear it but the enormous amount of disruption that caused was not worth it ,especially in the area i was fishing ,they dragged a rake across the swims ,great fun.

lots of carp on the top ,but never really fed a lot .Nice people around the lake and clean and well looked after ,but instead of raking it a scythe cutter would work better and less disruptive.

all the staff were excellent ,and the wife liked the bingo etc ,and the food was fine .But if its advertising excellent fishing then the weed needs to be sorted …not-in the way they are doing it now.