leadcore to mainline

lewbird

just dont use it mate, it is dangerous enough as it is let alone if you dont know how to connect it to you mainline correctly

its no more dangerous than any other set up in the wrong hands :!::!:

in the RIGHT hands this is dangerous. leadcore is far worse than anything else out there and imho there is no place for it in carp fishing

just dont use it mate, it is dangerous enough as it is let alone if you dont know how to connect it to you mainline correctly

in the RIGHT hands this is dangerous. leadcore is far worse than anything else out there and imho there is no place for it in carp fishing
so i can lock a lead to my line that wont come off in a break of but cannot use my lead core on free running set up then . :?::?:

so i can lock a lead to my line that wont come off in a break of but cannot use my lead core on free running set up then . :?::?:
and who the hell said that was safe? no one as far as i can see. this thread is about leadcore and i along with others have stated the dangers of it. do a search and you will find PLENTY of reasons why leadcore is DANGEROUS.

I really despair when I read posts like this :(

couldnt agree more!! :roll:

Same here, but it's difficult to educate people when you have Jim Shelley advocating using 30 feet of the stuff. Slowly but surely the angling world is realising the dangers of leadcore. Our best hope is that more fisheries ban it.

Same here, but it's difficult to educate people when you have Jim Shelley advocating using 30 feet of the stuff. Slowly but surely the angling world is realising the dangers of leadcore. Our best hope is that more fisheries ban it.

Well said stoogi.

The worst thing I ever did was inventing a knot for the stuff and the best thing I ever did was banning it on my lake. At least some of us are learning.

Well said stoogi.

The worst thing I ever did was inventing a knot for the stuff and the best thing I ever did was banning it on my lake. At least some of us are learning.

Untill one of the mags start to print the dangers of leadcore and other types of leaders, then the brainwashed will stay that way.

Unfortunatly the mags are only there to make money (not slating them for that as we all need to earn a wage) and the companies producing the horrible stuff is where there main income comes from, along with the sponsored anglers having to comply with the deals they have signed up to.

Maybe with this Freespool magazine coming out, some unbiased articles can get into print and more people will start to see the effects of using leadcore?

You guy's aren't really helping, You hear the word leadcore and start getting all aggressive like its a crime to use it....

Why not just let the guy know the danger's of using it?

Instead of trying to make him look stupid as if he doesn't know how to connect mainline to it?

Everytime I visit the forum I get the feeling like I'm walking into a pub full of local's and no one else is welcome here if you dont agree 100% with the locals!

You guy's aren't really helping, You hear the word leadcore and start getting all aggressive like its a crime to use it....

Why not just let the guy know the danger's of using it?

Instead of trying to make him look stupid as if he doesn't know how to connect mainline to it?

Everytime I visit the forum I get the feeling like I'm walking into a pub full of local's and no one else is welcome here if you dont agree 100% with the locals!

He has been given the links to the threads containing the dangers of leadcore.

Based on the reading I have done, I would make it a crime to use it!

But it's not a crime, It's manufactured and sold and is legal to use...
i think you will find that it is still legal to use FIXED leads but would you uase them? or bent hooks and again would you use them? i have out up 3 good links to leadcore so you cant say there has been no help. if the guy had come on asking about fixed leads or bent hooks my response and most others (and probably yours) would have been the same its just that because idiots like shelly uses and promotes lead core people still use it and it is not completely in the public eye the dangers of it

Haha! hopefully other fisheries will follow but until then no-one can really moan if its not banned..
mate, as my last post said even things like fixed lead aint illegal. if we as carp anglers dont moan then the dangerous stuff will always be used so we need to moan tbh