Whats your Dream job.

chillinuts

Well i can imagine most will want what i would.....

Field testing new fishing products made by your own successfull company to sell whilst getting extra money for letting ppl fish your own privite lake.

what a dream. How the other half live.

Field testing new fishing products made by your own successfull company to sell whilst getting extra money for letting ppl fish your own privite lake.

I can not agree more!!! that would just be amazing!

As much as I love fishing I couldn't do it all the time. My plan is to join the fire service which is something I have wanted to do since I can remember. During the 4 days off I'm sure I'll manage the odd session and maybe get my own business going too :D

Guest keenook
As much as I love fishing I couldn't do it all the time. My plan is to join the fire service which is something I have wanted to do since I can remember. During the 4 days off I'm sure I'll manage the odd session and maybe get my own business going too :D

Oz Holness is a Fire Man too :wink:

And I'm half way there, I have a tackle company, but no lake YET!

My dream job, Headmaster of a school for wayward girls :roll::oops::lol:

I am never sure of anything to do with the Fishing industry.

I used to bailiff and manage a fishery, and despite the current fascination for such jobs it is not all wine and roses :shock::wink:

The wages are often substantially less than many other jobs, and the hours are not particularly nice. Even when you are not working you are still working. You have to be nice to everyone on your time off, especially when fishing, as the chances are that you will be seen and asked for help and information.

On top of that there is the middle of the night callout when you have to get to the lake in a hurry to deal with incidents. :!:

I would'nt want anyone fishing my own private lake.....unless by invitation only. A nice little lake and gites in France might be nice to own, or even manage though.

Failing that a travel writer/ photographer.......sigh! Never mind eh.....just a dream, like you say.

Carp tackle Product designer would do me to be honest.

Well Product designing in general would be a dream.

Would like my own Design firm, only a small place, and eventually a nice quiet private lake over here, very rural with rolling hills- not too far from the coast to retire too :)

Writing this thread has made me think about a maybe realistic dream job and since then i have thought about bieng a chef and aiming towards getting my own resturant. its what i wanted to do when i was younger and my mum even got me a job in the hotel marriot but bieng 16 and like a fool only interested in getting out of my brain on anything i could i turned it down. now im in the building trade as a plasterer and painter and decorator and i would not say im happy at work. So i guess my new ( more realistic ) dream job is to have my own resturant. Granted next month it might be something else but there you go :lol: :lol:

Ideal job? I've got it, thanks.

Working with my son manufacturing and installing wrought iron gates, railings and the like. Every project brings a fresh challenge.

And we can clear off fishing whenever we choose to.

Ian

Pilot...got the taste for flying at 14 years old at air cadets on the various RAF bases. My eyes are messed up though so I could never persue that dream. Next best thing for me which I am chasing at the moment is the management (eventually) of a national park or slightly smaller. An honest enough wage and for my outlook on life the best job i could possibly do.