where is the best carp fishing area in n s w

about 1 hour and 12 minutes away on dirt roads from that would be my favourite.

Chris, we did a day trip up there with SB, did well trotting the river, go further down to the lake onto private and it fires even more... 30+ in under 4 hours* is a summer score (most are pasties, but striking colouration and the odd bragabout to be found)

Be there 17/18 this month, Oct, Dec, and Jan.... so If you are up for a trip you know how to get hold of me. Chances are you won't see a soul (except for the Dec Cod Opening weekend) 75ha of water when you are the only one present can be a bit crowded. (not counting the rivers). Uncaught wild fish.

It's torturous pricewise. $5 a night for camping. Includes free firewood and all that other stuff. If the fishing doesn't fire you can always dig fossils from the river bends. Tho you DO have to add your $70/3 year fishing license on top of that.

Or you could move to the UK and sell your left nut to fish shoulder to shoulder in a commercial pond with more restrictions than communist Romania. Hard choice.

Sorry, please remind me which country who benefits from the Empire of her most gracious Majesty the most. :D:D:D:D

Cheers,

E.

* 90 mins of that was spent piloting with the leccy around the weed beds catching redfin on lure. Had lunch too.

Hey thought I better sign up and show some support for the Aussie forum on here, seeing as though there are some familiar faces I'm sure I will feel right at home. Going through a motivation spurt at the moment... so looking for as much content as I can find...

How hard is it to get a member name on here?!?!?!? I tried plenty of options before I got this one. They must have a few members.

That was a great day on the river by the way! I've been meaning to get back there again, that camping sounds great I would be interested in doing that sometime, although I'm worried I might trash my commodore getting down there.

I'll trade your lack of motivation for my tennis elbow any day of the week....

You can get a car down the river arm without any problems.

To get to the lake camping areas you can take a 2wd in if the weather is fine. You'll leave the spoiler and most of your undercarraige behind getting out though.

Easy way around that is to just transfer gear to the 4wd before dropping onto the lake bed and leave the car behind (you can still see it from the camping area)

Next trip is a work trip, I'll keep you posted on any future trips up there.

Cheers,

E.

Dont want your spot just a opinon where you think the best carp fishing is in n s w .rivers.and enclosed waters?

We are really spoilt for choice I think.

The ACT region gives you lots of opportunities.

Sydney region although I'm not familiar with Carp fishing there personally seems the throw up a lot of bigger fish out of various locations.

Murrumbidgee and Murray rivers have a lot of lean mean hard fighting Carp in them.

As well as a good percentage of the large impoundments.

Are you looking for a location to fish? or just curious as to what people think?

Hey Mac,

That's the one on the left heading south, is there mining or something there if i remember? When did you fish it? It was on my short list for last Christmas but was too far south to break up the journey effectively. Heard it can produce but unsure of what size.

I would think the Hawks/Nep system holds the best chance of a monster, esp in the brackish reaches, or LBG for a hidden hippo, or Hume, or,or,or....!!!

Doesn't it suck to be spoilt for virgin monsters!!

Take it easy,

Ben

Hey Steve hope to be hitting the juck end of the month. Probably the digbee arm, natives and introduced species, no 4wd required.

Private land, $5/night camping fees, free firewood etc.

Herb Smoked rolled roast beef with all the trimmings is of course mandatory. (spit roasting 3 18-20 inchers this weekend for a work trip)

E.

Hippos, donkeys, beasts.....at least that's what I've heard!! Definitely 20+, poss 30+, those that know don't show..at least on forums anyway. But when I get one i will be showing it that's for sure. It's still all a bit too cloak and dagger for me. If you keep the shot simple so as not to show location why not post it!

A twenty is a decent fish unless you have a lake full of them, which i don't i must add.

I would like to think the Nichelson or the Tambo would produce fish of that quality i am sure they are some where, you just cannot see the fish it really is fishing into the unknown, with alot of boats to boot.

I am trieing to get some photos on not that i have caught that big of fish yet.

A double figured mirror is my target at the moment there is a few out there in the rivers, just a lot of commons as well.

I can echo your feelings about the size of fish, my current Aussie PB is only just over 16lbs so no monster!

I do think that the biomass of carp in some of our systems is really hampering us finding big fish. So many mouths to feed they just don't get a chance to grow.

Just a tip, and I may be telling you to suck eggs, to post a photo on here it has to already be hosted on the web. So you can't upload straight from your computer to the forum. It has to be via a web-based photo site like picasa, flickr, photobucket etc. Once it's uploaded make sure the photo is publicly accessible and find its link. Paste that link into your reply box, double click to highlite it then hit the Img button above. that will put two img tags either end of link and voila! I am no computer genius at all btw. But I couldn't find photo posting advice on the forum.

Good luck on that target mirror mate, you don't get many of those in Oz!!

Ben

Ben

So true Ben but Andy, Saun and Hadley form Melbourne have had a few from over there on the boilie and quite nice looking fish to by Austalian standards.

Talking of Andy when are you too catching up for the WCC in France?

http://www.carpfishingblog.com/photo-gallery

oooh those mirrors are nice! There ya go Stoke a bit of 'finspiration' for you!! :D

TBH Paul I am not sure when that will be. I fly back to the UK on the 22nd so it will be as soon as poss after that. Will get a team photo up as soon we hook up!!

Ben

Be sure to send us one hey, the more people that get to see the team together, will be good for Australian coarse fishing in general...who knows what that will bring... :lol::lol:

ATB

Paul

I am defentily inspired, i have had 2 mirrors in the last few weeks. Just small ones 2 to 3lbs.

The mitchell use to house some beautiful mirrors and fully scaled up to 15lbs mark, which i saw in the past.

Come summer or spring i will have a look in the kayake for signs of carp on the river as this time year hardly anything shows at all.

My inspiration sometimes is the chasing giants i think the title is right by Tony Davis Patrick, he caught some cracking fish over here.

I think like back in the U.k picking a water with the potential for a bigger is the key.

I have a river in mind, i just don't have the time to fish it at the moment.

But i'll get on there come spring

Hey Steve hope to be hitting the juck end of the month. Probably the digbee arm, natives and introduced species, no 4wd required.

Private land, $5/night camping fees, free firewood etc.

Herb Smoked rolled roast beef with all the trimmings is of course mandatory. (spit roasting 3 18-20 inchers this weekend for a work trip)

E.

Evan

Let me know the details and I'll see if I can get away. My old man has an All wheel drive Magna that goes well on the dirt so I'll try borrow that, I'd probably rattle the pieces out of my car.

Interested to know how the fishing goes on your work trip, I wouldn't imagine it would be going off in July?, although they are probably the most hungry aggressive carp I know of in there..

Yes. I caught a small 4 pounder in Lake B-G about two months ago, much to the amazement of a guy from QLD who'd happened to be camped right next to our spot. None of us had ever seen one in the flesh before and I couldn't remember what they were called. So it was a good night all round..

Yeah it's just a matter of striking it lucky with your big mirror, although I find some waters have more Mirrors than others... so targetting those waters would make sense.

In most of my local waters I reckon it's roughly about 20-30 to 1, but I know of a few places with much higher ratios.

I've had several out in double figures, but nothing massive. I had a recapture of a 9-10lb mirror over a year apart, that was pretty special. Easy to distinguish recaptures going off scale patterns in photos.

Had a couple of very nice fully scaled mirrors too

I'll try to dig out some photos.

Steve,

I don't know if you're having a subtle boast or not.... but double figure mirrors are a little special in anyone's book especially fully scaled. So you really are gonna have to back up those claims with some photos!

Gotta say I really enjoy this sudden influx of photos too!!

My Aussie PB is a fully scaled but I think it is predominately Koi not common. Open to opinions though!

Aussie%20PB%20Masked.jpg

And before you ask, I've masked the location as it is pretty special! And somewhere i was taken by a good mate who developed the spot thru much hard graft and a lot of time!

And yes, it is in NSW. I will get myself a QLD double, I will, I will, I WILL!!!!

Ben

Ben

And before you ask, I've masked the location as it is pretty special! And somewhere i was taken by a good mate who developed the spot thru much hard graft and a lot of time!

Aha, well you've failed to mask out all the water! So we know for a fact that it was near some!

I've got the drop, chaps. Don't bother looking for Ben's secret spot anywhere where there isn't water.

That will narrow it down somewhat..

Steve,

I don't know if you're having a subtle boast or not.... but double figure mirrors are a little special in anyone's book especially fully scaled. So you really are gonna have to back up those claims with some photos!

Gotta say I really enjoy this sudden influx of photos too!!

My Aussie PB is a fully scaled but I think it is predominately Koi not common. Open to opinions though!

Aussie%20PB%20Masked.jpg

And yes, it is in NSW. I will get myself a QLD double, I will, I will, I WILL!!!!

Ben

Ben

Still a nice fish for a hybrid, the Koi that we get over in the west are something special also Ben.

Andy introduced me to them in the last 12 months and bloody nora they go hard, seriously you would swear you have a mid double on when it,s lucky to 5-8lbs, I would love to have caught the 26lber he nailed a couple of years ago for the second time.

There is a good possibility that it would be a thirty by now as he first caught it at 23, it had put only 3lb on in the same amount of years.

Well, this one did indeed go like the proverbial!!

I like to call him 'Silent Bob' mainly for the reason that someone 'who shall remain nameless' forgot to switch on the delk after recasting. As I glanced a lazy eye over my setup some minutes later I noticed my rod had an alarming sideways bend and the line was scything thru the water like a hot knife thru butter!! After a mad scramble and quite a few sweaty moments....viola...PB!!

Stoked!