D Lake at waveny?

Hello all,

Can anyone shed some light on D Lake at waveny valley... my mate has booked us swims 1&2 for a weekend at the end of this month, neither of us have fished it before...

On the other hand if anyone can advise of a better place to go for 48hours that would be much appreciated! we want somewhere out of the way where you dont get 100 lines in the water, and numptys casting into your swim!

I live in ipswich and am willing to travel about an hour as i will be going straight after work!

This will be my 1st time on the bank sinse all my gear got stolen from my garage last year!

any info much appreciated.

Cheers :)

ive only fished heartsmere once and that was about 3 or 4 yrs ago.

when i fished it, there was just me and one other on there at the time, he had peg 5 and i had peg one/two, as those pegs are virtually together on a bend at the end of the lake, which isnt very big lake any way.

too my left i had pads to fish too which was infront of peg 2?. and too my right i could fish into the corner and along the back bank, along the back bank a small tree root cluster overhung slightly into the lake.

there was also a gulley 3/4's of the way out paralell running down the lake, those seemed the most obvious spots for my stay on that peg, i had 4 fish in the first 24 hr's and then nothing in the next 24.

i put the quiet 24 hrs down too the fact several people visited the lake at differnt times making a disturbance,the other angler had some kids join him thro his session.

the previous week i was told there were 5 anglers on the lake and they all blanked, so a quiet approach could be a key.

i used nashy dumbells at the time out of thier freezer and my fish where 22 lb common,19 lb mirror, 16 lb common, 11 lb mirror.

hi. its not a difficult lake. i did very well feeding particles and fishing corn over the top right in the margins and being very quiet and my brother has had plenty using fake maggots on a maggot clip and feedin maggots over the top. if you really want some bites and somewhere a bit closer, book up robinson park fisheries at brightlingsea nr colchester. loads of fish in there and quite a runs water. i did 48hrs 2 wks ago and had 11 fish between 15 and 21. they have no website, but do have a facebook page. I've lived in ipswich all my life and understand the need to travel to find decent fishing!!

hi mate im a regular at waveney i fish it weekly pegs 1.2 put you on the point at the top of the lake peg 1 fishes to the left to pads and a small bit of margin and peg 2 fishes to the private back to you right under the overhanging trees plus you have a small bit of water out in front all the swims will have a white post to give you your area it does get heavily fished and if you have people in pegs 3 and 4 and they are both using 3 rods you could get cut off plenty of fish do get in the corner and in the pads and i have found that peg 1 and 2 are mainly night time swims its the deepest part of the lake around 6ft with 3 to 4 ft in the margins best advice is to go easy on the bait as you don`t know what the person before you has put out and if you want to know what the main bait going in there then drop me a pm as a certain person has put shed loads of a certain bait in there like he has in all the lakes there