heather the leather/RIP

emmcee

While I feel sorry that Heather the Leather has died, and another part of Carp Fishing history has gone, but she has a lot of history and has been fished for and was under almost constant pressure since the 1980's. How many times had she been caught?

Almost twice a year every year since then.

Admittedly Sad but true!

I feel its more like the passing of an era, rather than being sentimental over one particular fish. Heathers time was similar to the great Marys, the golden age of carping if you like, when legends were made and ground-breaking, innovative technigues and equipment were spawned from the minds of the 'new' age carpers and strange, unexplored waters lay waiting to be discovered.

These days, mores the pity, its just another kipper......too easily replaced by a farmed version!

Sad, yes.....but a sign of the times also.

While I feel sorry that Heather the Leather has died, and another part of Carp Fishing history has gone, but she has a lot of history and has been fished for and was under almost constant pressure since the 1980's. How many times had she been caught?

Almost twice a year every year since then.

Admittedly Sad but true!

very brave saying this nick lol. i remember jay saying the same thing a year or so ago and got slated for it, i agree 100% with ya though

its amazing really, people think these carp are just species we go and catch, but there more than that. they wont be here forever, and with new types of carp and our old, british carp dying out, its times like this when we have to realise that we have to take that moment whilst it lasts, because they can be gone in an instance.

I feel its more like the passing of an era, rather than being sentimental over one particular fish. Heathers time was similar to the great Marys, the golden age of carping if you like, when legends were made and ground-breaking, innovative technigues and equipment were spawned from the minds of the 'new' age carpers and strange, unexplored waters lay waiting to be discovered.

These days, mores the pity, its just another kipper......too easily replaced by a farmed version!

Sad, yes.....but a sign of the times also.

That could have been me talking. The age of innocence and learning curves, long gone.

All too easy to replace her with her distant cousin with a French accent.

Ian

I read that the fish was 50 years old in the times

Was she learning French, do you imagine?

Hey, a fish died. None of us are immortal. Get on with fishing. I caught a small bream on Saturday that had no idea what it's name was.

Let's get real.

Ian

Hey, a fish died. None of us are immortal. Get on with fishing. I caught a small bream on Saturday that had no idea what it's name was.

Let's get real.

Ian

ian, i am going through a pretty bad time as my wife has just had a big op but thought i would have a look on here and must say YOU ALWAYS make me laugh with the things you say. by the way i agree with ya lol lets just get on with what we enjoy now, i think this thread has had as many posts as the one i started about our hero soldiers

Let's get real.

Ian

ian, i am going through a pretty bad time as my wife has just had a big op but thought i would have a look on here and must say YOU ALWAYS make me laugh with the things you say. by the way i agree with ya lol lets just get on with what we enjoy now, i think this thread has had as many posts as the one i started about our hero soldiers

agree gazmeesh annoying i suppose more people paying respect to a fish than our soldiers but it is a fishing forum and people can pay there respect in many ways but here to our lads. unlike benson and heather :roll: