spodding.

jungle842

So you're saying the line snaps?

I think somebody needs to write a Carp Jargon dictionary for people like me :lol:

So what could I do to decrease the chances of this happening? I do have some 45lb shockleader but I didn't know whether it was worth using on 40lb braid mainline.

no mate, the line breaks and the spod "cracks" off. i use 8lb mono with a 45lb tapered sock leader and had no problems.

I've already put on the braid so I'm guessing a shockleader won't make a lot of difference. I'll just see how it goes... if it snaps, it snaps!

Thanks for the help guys.

Yep, I got a little leather Chub fingerstall for a couple of quid. Feels like braid could quite easily cut through it but at least it'll just limit the damage to severe flesh wound rather than an amputation.

To prevent anything like that happening you have to do the drag up really tight, right??

Yep, I got a little leather Chub fingerstall for a couple of quid. Feels like braid could quite easily cut through it but at least it'll just limit the damage to severe flesh wound rather than an amputation.

To prevent anything like that happening you have to do the drag up really tight, right??

Yeah, all the way. Chemists are your best bet for stalls. A good leather one will last an age :wink: